Thursday, January 03, 2013

A Note from James O. Born

I first met Jim Born in 2010 at the Desert Sleuths Write Now! Conference when he was the Keynote Speaker and I was the Fan Guest of Honor. Jim was there as an author, but he had one of the best presentations I've ever seen addressing the subject of law enforcement. Jim is a former U.S. Drug Agent, and a Special Agent with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). He has written crime novels under James O. Born, and science fiction crime novels as James O'Neal.

Jim and I had lunch together that day, and when I told him about my cats, he said I was OK, but if the number grew, the police would become concerned. My family thought that was so funny they bought me a tee shirt that Christmas that said, "One cat short of a crazy cat lady." I blamed it on Jim.

So, today, Mom and I are heading out for Indiana with the cats in the car. I know many of you are interested in hearing about this trip afterward. Jim has other concerns, as expressed in his note in my gift book from the authors.

"Lesa,

Good luck. How many cats are travelling with you and should I alert the Evansville police department?'

Love,
Jim"

No more than I had before, Jim. Not one more cat. I'm still OK.




7 comments:

Joe Barone said...

I wondered how your were transporting the cats. Blessings.

bermudaonion said...

I love it!!

SandyG265 said...

Have a safe trip.

Carol N Wong said...

Hi Lesa, I hope that you have enough pet carriers for all of them. I remember the days before pet carriers! I drove them to the vet with two cats perched on each should and both of them screaming into my ears!! They thought I was torturing them!

Hope that you have a safe and uneventful trip.

Karen C said...

Funny & cute! Safe travels.

Carol said...

Lesa,

Sending good thoughts to you and your mom and the kits for a safe and happy journey! Since cats outnumber humans, my guess is they get to select the driving music. So it's 6 solid days of the beloved Meow Mix Song:
"Meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow...." ;)

Rosemary said...

Or 'We are Siamese' from Lady & the Tramp? ;-)