Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Poisoned Pen Bookstore


 Do you remember when we used to talk about our "third place", the place we were comfortable other than home and work? For most of the time I've been here in the Valley, that place has been The Poisoned Pen Bookstore for me. Barbara Peters has been wonderful to me. I've enjoyed conversations with Rob Rosenwald, the publisher of Poisoned Pen Press. And, I've gotten to know some of the staff at the bookstore because I was a customer, attended programs, and worked with them for Authors @ The Teague.

I went to the Poisoned Pen on Saturday to see Jenn McKinlay and Paige Shelton. It was probably my last visit there.

So, here's one last thank you to Barbara Peters, Rob Rosenwald, Patrick Millikin, Will Hanisko, John Goodwin, Pat King, and Lea Love. I've enjoyed all the hours I've spent at that wonderful bookstore. Thank you.

*****

The Poisoned Pen's website is www.poisonedpen.com. If you can't get there in person, you can order from them online.

8 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

What a beautiful store! I don't think I've ever seen a picture of the outside of it. I know they'll all miss you there, Lesa.

Jane R said...

After seeing the picture of the Poison Pen, I'm tempted to book the next flight to Phoenix. I agree, it is a beautiful store and I know I could easily spend a better part of the day there!

Lesa said...

It is a beautiful store, and it's easy to spend a day there, along with a lot of money, if you're a fan of mysteries, although they do carry other merchandise as well. (I go for the mysteries.)

Karen C said...

Looks like a great place to spend time (like you did)! I can understand why you will miss The Poisoned Pen Bookstore.

Lesa said...

It's wonderful, Karen. I am going to miss it.

Avery Aames a.k.a. Daryl Wood Gerber said...

Lesa, you will be missed! But I know your new home and new place will be so thrilled to have you, and you will meet all sorts of new friends who love books. What fun is that!! Enjoy the adventure.

Hugs,

Avery Aames (aka Daryl Wood Gerber)

Lesa said...

Thank you, Avery. Yes, it is going to be a new adventure, and I'm looking forward to it. Beginning Jan. 3, it will be all about looking forward and new adventures. But, that's perfect for a new year. Now, it's a little nostalgia, and thanks for what I've had here for 8 1/2 years.

Ingrid King said...

This must have been a hard good bye for you, Lesa. I've always enjoyed your reports from events at The Poisoned Pen.