Thursday, December 06, 2012

Party - Switch Restaurant & Wine Bar

Last dinner together with close friends Chantelle Aimee Osman and Anna C. We went to our favorite spot, Switch Restaurant & Wine Bar in downtown Phoenix. Great food, drinks, and they never hurry us. We can take our time and talk and laugh a lot. We did all of that last night. And, I had mentioned on Switch's homepage that their restaurant was "our place" for the last year. It was a perfect spot to meet since Chantelle lives in the east Valley and Anna and I in the west. Even though I mentioned it, it still came as a shock when a man asked me if I was Lesa. I know I had that deer in the headlights look on my face when I said yes. He said, OK. And, then he and our waitress came back with two enormous desserts with three spoons each. He said they do read the comments on their page, and he knew it would be my last dinner at Switch. He asked where I was moving, and wished me good luck. If I'm right, I think the chef brought us dessert. Wonderful bread pudding with ice cream, and a chocolate brownie ice cream sundae to die for, the Fairytale Brownie Sundae.



I guess I should have worn my bracelet that says "Almost Famous". That was so kind of them at Switch. No wonder it was our favorite spot to go to before the theater, and before and after museum visits. I'm going to miss Switch as a place to meet my friends.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great place and wonderful people! Mmmm, those desserts look yummy!

Lesa said...

Right on all three counts, Nancy. Great place, wonderful people & wonderful desserts!

Karen C said...

That kind of experience is wonderful and may have even taken some of the sadness of it being a 'last dinner' away. More good memories.

Chair Covers said...

That was so sweet for Switch. No wonder it's your favorite place.

P.S. that sundae looks very inviting. Would love to have that now, please.

Lesa said...

Karen, you're so right. It made us forget it was the last time the three of us will have dinner there.