Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Packing or Partying

The moving van leaves for Indiana on Jan. 3. So, between now and Jan. 3, I might not get much reading done. Instead, I'm either packing or saying goodbye to friends - at breakfasts, lunches, dinners, or even an annual Christmas party.


I spent time yesterday packing, so I didn't finish my book.

Tonight, after work, I'm meeting two close friends at a favorite restaurant for the last time.



I'll keep you posted. I won't just drop off. But, some days, I'll just let you know I was packing. Other times, I'll let you know I was partying, spending time with friends who I might not see for quite a while.

So, no book blog today or tomorrow. But, I promise I'll keep you in the loop!



11 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Good luck with your packing and goodbyes, Lesa! I know goodbyes have got to be hard...although I know you're excited about your move, too (when you have time to think, that is!)

Lesa said...

You're totally right about that time to think part, Elizabeth. If I get interrupted in the middle of a conversation, I can't even remember what we were talking about. My mind's on overload.

Rosemary said...

Lesa, I'm sure we won't mind hearing about your moving experiences (as it were) rather than having a book every day. I think we're all following this move with more interest that we watched Dallas! And we know you'll be back with the books when you've settled in. So don't worry, we won't be leaving you (if that's a good thin :-) )

Enjoy your parties,

Best wishes

Rosemary

Nancy said...

I'm in awe of how quickly you pulled the whole thing together. Finding a job and apartment - wow, you are a Wonder Woman! Enjoy your partying. I suspect there will be laughter and tears.

Karen C said...

I helped a dear friend pack for a move from Texas to North Carolina a couple of months ago - it was difficult and fun at the same time. Wish I could help you! As the others have said, we'll be here when you are. Have fun and enjoy!

Sharon G. said...

Just found your blog today and I'm very excited about it. I love mysteries. Looking forward to reading more from you.

Sharon G. said...

Just found your blog today and I'm very excited about it. I love mysteries. Looking forward to reading more from you.

Joe Barone said...

There will be time for books after moving and settling in. We all continue to wish you the best.

Lesa said...

Thank you, everyone!

Ingrid King said...

What a bittersweet time for you - closing out one chapter of your life, and moving on to another one. All my best to you as you go through this transition.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Ingrid. It is a bittersweet time. And, I'm leaving a chapter with wonderful people in it. I know there are great people where I'm going, but it's hard to leave these friends.