Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


This year, I have so much to be thankful for. And, I'm beginning with the most important person in my life, my mother. If you think you have the best mother in the world, you're lucky. You must have a mother as special as mine. She's always been there for me, but she's been so supportive during my job hunting. She spent time online looking for jobs for me and my staff. She sent information about jobs for others in the system. You don't know how much time she's spent online looking for apartments with me. And, she's flying to Arizona to help me drive to Indiana with the cats. Pretty special when she's not even a cat person. She's a special mother.

And, I'm thankful for my sisters and their families. I love all of them. They're always on the end of the phone to talk with, laugh with, and talk about books. And, my sisters' kids always make me laugh.

I'm grateful for all my extended family (and all the authors in my life should be grateful for all those readers in my family!).I'm also grateful for Facebook and family newsletters that keep us in touch.

Over the years, I've worked with wonderful library staff who are passionate about books, libraries, and serving the public. It's been my joy to work with people who cared, in Upper Arlington and Huron, Ohio, Port Charlotte, Ft. Myers and Captiva Island, Florida, and Glendale, Arizona. I've loved all the years with them, and I'm now lucky enough to have the chance to work with a new group in Evansville, Indiana. I've been blessed with wonderful friends and co-workers.

I'm thankful for friends who have enjoyed theater, dinners, and lots of laughter. And, I have wonderful friends in Jamie Shaheen and John and Talia Sherer. They were kind enough to put me up while I was interviewing for jobs. And, I'm thankful for cat sitters and "The Airport Queen".

I'm grateful for all the authors who share their books, and quite often their time. Thank you for appearing for Authors @ The Teague. (Now, who's willing to come to Evansville, Indiana?) And, I've already thanked Barbara Peters and the staff at the Poisoned Pen for everything they've done for me over the years.

And, of course I'm grateful for all of my blog readers. So many of you have become friends over the years. We may never meet, but you've shared books, your lives, my loss of Jim, and my latest job search. You've been supportive, and I'm grateful for every conversation about books and life (they are the same, aren't they?), that we've had. You're a blessing in my life.

When I take time to count my blessings - all the people in my life, I know what a good year it has been. May you have as many blessings to count this year. Happy Thanksgiving!

15 comments:

Dru said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wish you all the best in your new endeavors.

Lesa said...

Happy Thanksgving, Dru. I hope your life is back in place soon. I know November has not been kind to you. Hugs, my friend, and I'm so glad I got to meet you at Bouchercon.

Jane R said...

A beautiful post, Lesa. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Jane. And, Happy Thanksgiving!

bermudaonion said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lesa!

LSUReader said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lesa. Enjoy.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Kathy and LSUReader. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

SandyG265 said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Lesa said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Sandy!

Cyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Karen C said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lesa.

Lesa said...

I hope you all had a very nice Thanksgiving.

Carol N Wong said...

I think that your mother is a peach! She is wonderful like my mother was before she passed away.

Ingrid King said...

A very belated Happy Thanksgiving to you, Lesa. I'm thankful for all the wonderful books I discover through you and your blog all year long!

Anonymous said...

Hope your Thanksgiving was a great one, Lesa!

--BrendaW., one of your readers who hopes to meet you in person one day.