Sunday, November 04, 2012

Adventures with Jamie & Lesa

I had a job interview in Pasadena this past week, so I was able to spend time with my college roommate, Jamie. No one can pack as much adventure into a short time as Jamie can. So, here's a short recap of my visit to LA.

Jamie's a performer who works all over southern California.

Jamie Shaheen

The day before my interview, we had time to go to Pasadena. It's a beautiful city, beginning with the library.

Pasadena Central Library

You can see City Hall from the library, and the view is beautiful.

Pasadena City Hall


These are the gardens you see within City Hall as you come up the front steps.


Across the street from City Hall is a monument to Jackie Robinson and his brother, Mack Robinson, who grew up in Pasadena.


The other buildings in downtown Pasadena are equally impressive. This is the Baptist Church.


Once we left Pasadena, we went to lunch at one of Jamie's favorite restaurants, a little Italian place called Marino's.


My interview was the next day, and I flew out that same day. But, we took time to go to lunch at this marvelous restaurant called The Encounter LAX, right across from the airport. I didn't take a picture of the restaurant, but this is how it looked at night when I flew in. Right out of The Jetsons, isn't it?


Here are some of the shots from the restaurant. But, I'd definitely recommend going for dinner. The view at night must be spectacular.




And, I know most people don't take pictures of restrooms, but the restrooms were decorated in the same theme as the rest of the restaurant.



 As always, a jam-packed couple days when I'm with Jamie.

5 comments:

Carol N Wong said...

Used to live in Arcadia which is not too far from Pasadena. It waa great seeing the library and ciy hall again. I loved Pasadena, there was so much to do and the people were very friends. I checked out lots from their beautiful library. Good Luck on the interview.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Carol. It was a terrific trip. We'll see what happens.

Jane R said...

This is one city I've not had the chance to visit, so I appreciate the tour. Funny about the bathroom photos... our daughter loves the bathrooms in Europe so we have a gallery of some of her favorites. They are all unique and fun to look at. Thanks for sharing your trip and all my fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Lesa said...

Oh, I just couldn't resist taking a picture of that bathroom, Jane. That's funny that your daughter has bathrooms of Europe. I enjoy sharing my trips with readers. Thank you for all your interest, and, of course, all your support. Hugs.

Karen C said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that you find the opportunity you want. Hugs!