Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Could Pee on This and Other Poems by Cats by Francesco Marciuliano

If you own a cat, you should also own Francesco Marciuliano's small book of poems, I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats.It's absolutely terrific, and you'll recognize your cat somewhere in these pages.

The author claims that cats received a publishing contract, and wrote these poems to express their thoughts, desires, and their moments of epiphany. Humans can finally understand why cats do the things they do, as they reveal that they see shredded curtains as art. Why do humans buy china when it breaks so easily? (As an owner who lost an entire china cabinet, I can understand that poem.) And, your cat is only counting every sheet of toilet paper when it pulls off the entire roll.

My favorite poem in the entire book is one that my cat sitter would understand. It's called, "I lick your nose."

"I lick your nose
I lick your nose again
I drag my claws down your eyelids
Oh, you're up? Feed me."

Marciuliano's book is filled with enchanting, funny poems, and wonderful photos of cats. Looking for the perfect gift for the cat lover? Try I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats.

I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats by Francesco Marciuliano. Chronicle Books. 2012. ISBN 9781452110585 (hardcover), 112p.

*****
FTC Full Disclosure - A friend loaned me this book.

(And, just because I can, and this is my blog - a picture of John & Talia Sherer's cat, Marcie. Marcie and I may be sharing a room this week.)






9 comments:

Joe Barone said...

I have marked this book and plan to order for my wife for Christmas. Thanks for leading me to it!

donna said...

Sounds like a good Christmas gift for my husband - thanks for letting me know about it. Love the picture of Marcie - she is beautiful. Regards, Donna

Beth Hoffman said...

I simply MUST have this book. The title made me laugh and laugh!

Nancy said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Lesa. I know the perfect person to buy this book for for Christmas - my grandson, who is a Cat Person. I will have to read this book, too!

Lesa said...

You're welcome! Marcie's owner, Talia, bought this book & had it waiting for me to read. She's right. It's a wonderful book for cat lovers. And, Beth? When you read the book, you'll laugh even more.

Dru said...

Thanks Lesa for mentioning this book. I've read it and it is a great read.



Lesa said...

Isn't it fun, Dru? I really enjoyed this one.

caite said...

that was my favorite poem too! I quoted it in my review of this Christmas present today..

Lesa said...

Oh, that's a fun Christmas present. I'm going to have to check out your review, Caite.