Friday, May 18, 2012

Weekend

So, I fully expected to be reviewing a book here today, but the last two days have been just lousy. Thank heavens I have a three day weekend. So, instead of a book review, I'll give you a preview of my weekend.

Dinner tonight with friends, followed by the Poisoned Pen. Mark Coggins will be there discussing his new memoir, Prom Night and Other Man-Made Disasters. Then, Craig Johnson will talk about his new Walt Longmire book, As the Crow Flies.














Saturday, I'm meeting Kevin Hearne, author of The Iron Druid Chronicles, for lunch at Haus Murphy's. He's bringing family and friends, and I'm taking a couple friends. Then, he'll appear at Velma Teague for Authors @ The Teague to discuss his latest book, Tricked. Naturally, I'll be doing recaps here of the Poisoned Pen event and Authors @ The Teague.



Sunday, I'm off to ASU Gammage to see La Cague Aux Folles starring George Hamilton.

In the midst of all this, I'll try to finish a book or two for review, do this month's book chat, and follow up those author appearances with the recaps. Hang in there with me! The future looks fun!

8 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Sounds busy! Hope the next few days are more fun than your last couple.

bermudaonion said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I hope you have a blast!

Lesa said...

Once I get past the 8 a.m. hour, Elizabeth, it will be. Have to go into work to handle a situation, then I'm off. Then, it will be more fun than the last few days.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Kathy! Looking forward to it.

Bev Stephans said...

Please send my good wishes to Kevin and ask him to write faster! LOL!

Cathy said...

It was good to see you at the Poisoned Pen. Enjoy these three days off to the fullest!

Lesa said...

Poor Kevin, Bev. Another author we love to death!

Lesa said...

Cathy,

I'm glad to see you made the effort to go to the PP at night. It was good to see you. And, Craig is always worth it, isn't he?