Saturday, April 28, 2012

Agatha Award Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the Agatha Awards, announced tonight at Malice Domestic.

Best Novel - Three-Day Town by Margaret Maron (Grand Central Publishing)

Best First Novel - Learning to Swim by Sara J. Henry (Crown)

Best Non-Fiction - Books, Crooks and Counselors: How to Write Accurately About Criminal Law and Courtroom Procedure by Leslie Budewitz (Linder)

Best Short Story - "Disarming" by Dana Cameron, Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine - June 2011

Best Children's/Yong Adult - The Black Heart Crypt by Chris Grabenstein (Random House)

Best Historical Novel - Naughty in Nice by Rhys Bowen (Berkley)

And, a special shout-out to Chris Grabenstein, because he and I share a love for "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh."

Along with a note. Rhys Bowen said she had to fly home from Malice. She fell at a restaurant, and broke her pelvis. Sending good thoughts your way, Rhys.

6 comments:

Katherine Van Leeuwen, Assistant Director said...

We're discussing Bootlegger's Daughter tomorrow for our mystery discussion group. Congrats to Margaret Maron for continuing to write award winners!

katie

Bev Stephans said...

I'm so happy that Margaret Maron's book won. I have been reading her Deborah Knott books since their inception. Three Day Town was interesting because she had Sigrid Harald in a secondary role. One of these days, I'm going to read all of the Sigrid Harald books, but for now, I'm just happy that Margaret was recognized for her writing.

Lesa said...

You're timing is perfect, Katherine, in reading one of Margaret Maron's books.

Lesa said...

Bev,

I'm a big fan of the Sigrid Harald books. Those are the ones I really like.

Katherine Van Leeuwen, Assistant Director said...

Someone at my discussion mentioned that the Sigrid Harald series is her favorite. Looking forward to reading One Coffee With.

Lesa said...

Oh, good, Katherine. I hope you enjoy it. Sigrid is my favorite.