Thursday, November 11, 2010

Winners and A Stormy Contest

Congratulations to the winners of Hilary Davidson's The Damage Done.  The copies are going to Kathleen H. from Pine Bluff, AR and Elizabeth W. of Pooler, GA.  I'm afraid I'm working outside of my building tomorrow, so the books will go out in the mail on Saturday.

The theme, "A Stormy Contest," perfectly fits two crime novels set during hurricanes.  In Kathryn Casey's The Killing Storm, Texas Ranger Sarah Armstrong searches for a missing four-year-old boy as a hurricane bears down on Houston.  Sarah is a fascinating character, so now is your chance to meet her in the book that just went into its second printing after only two weeks.





Or you could win Down in the Flood, Kenneth Abel's story of Hurricane Katrina.  New Orleans prosecutor Danny Chaisson is back, hired to solve a crime of embezzlement.  Danny is trying to get his family to safety, while dealing with a daring plot.

Would you like to win The Killing Storm or Down in the Flood?  You can enter to win both but I need separate entries. Email me at lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either "Win The Killing Storm" or "Win Down in the Flood." Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.


The contest will end Thursday, Nov. 18th at 6 p.m. MT. The winners will be selected by random number generator. I'll notify the winners and mail the books the next day. Good luck!





8 comments:

Clea Simon said...

These both sound so cool! I'm packing to move so am trying to divest myself of books, rather than acquire but it is tempting...

Meanwhile, have you heard of "Tubby Meets Katrina"? Great New Orleans mystery - I forget who the author is, he got dropped by his publisher, alas, and this one came out ona small local press. Worth looking for - though of course I have already packed it and cannot tell you anymore.

jenny milchman said...

THE KILLING STORM sounds especially up my alley. I looked for it but could only find a Kindle edition? I like my books in paper, so even if I don't win, maybe I can check back hear to solve the mystery of how to find it ;)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks!

Lesa said...

Good luck on the move, Clea. I understand divesting instead of acquiring.

And, Tony Dunbar is the author of Tubby meets Katrina. I've seen it mentioned on DorothyL, but haven't read it.

Lesa said...

Jenny,

If you search Amazon under books, The Killing Storm comes up as a book. And, I know I've seen it on Barnes & Noble's webpage as a book as well. I have the book, and all of our libraries do. So, you should be able to find it.

Lesa said...

Good luck, Elizabeth!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading both of these.

BrendaW.

Lesa said...

I hope you like them, Brenda. And, good luck if you're entering the contests.