Thursday, November 18, 2010

Winners and A Christmas Crime Contest

Congratulations to the winners of the stormy contest.  Kathryn Casey's The Killing Storm will go to Jody C. of Manhattan, KS.  Carol-Lynn R. of Winthrop, Maine will received Kenneth Abel's Down in the Flood.   In addition, Wendy A. of Ferndale, WA  won the copy of Dear Mrs. Kennedy by Mulvaney and De Angelis.  I'll let the publicist know about that one, and the other books will go out in the mail tomorrow.

I'm kicking off the season with a Christmas Crime contest.  I have books by two of the biggest names in the mystery world.  Would you like to win the new Margaret Maron book, Christmas Mourning?  Judge Deborah Knott is looking forward to a family Christmas celebration when a tragedy strikes North Carolina's Colleton County.  The community is devasted by the death of a cheerleader in a car crash.  But, her death wasn't an accident, and there may be more live slost if Deborah can't help the sheriff's department find why she died.



You just know Donna Andrews' Six Geese A-Slaying is a little lighter than Maron's book.  Meg and Michael's house is serving as the marshalling point for the annual Christmas parade, and, naturally Meg is organizing it.  As all the groups assemble for "The Twelve Days of Christmas" parade, Meg's nephew finds Santa dead.  It's up to Meg and Chief Burke to solve the murder, and save Christmas.

Which book do you want to try to win, Christmas Mourning or Six Geese A-Slaying?  You can enter to win both but I need separate entries. Email me at lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either "Win Christmas Mourning" or "Win Six Geese." Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.


The contest will end Thursday, Nov. 25th at 6 p.m. MT. The winners will be selected by random number generator. I'll notify the winners and mail the books the next day. Good luck!



12 comments:

kathy d. said...

This is great. Didn't know Margaret Maron had a new book out. Her books: I like to curl up with tea and cookies and find out what's going on with Deborah Knott and her huge family.

So I will send in my book request.

So nice you're doing this.

Hope you have a good turkey day -- and that the cat family gets some nibbles.

Lesa said...

And what better time to find out what the family is doing for the holidays, kathy? Good luck in the book request!

Thank you. The cats will definitely get some nibbles. I have a couple cats who just love turkey.

kathy d. said...

Cats and turkey go together like coffee and doughnuts.

My neighbor's dog (dachshund) will do anything for turkey, especially push her cat apartment mate out the way.

The cat will do anything for turkey also.

They both line up and stare at anyone eating it and try to get it out of your hand, by any means necessary...all fun. No one has been wounded during this free-for-all, but the very smell of turkey drives them both into quite a state.

Kaye Barley said...

I have not read Donna's but yet, but I have read Margaret's and it's lovely! It's always fun to spend time with Deborah, Dwight and the whole Knott family. Loved it!

Lesa said...

kathy,

Your story about the neighbor's pets and turkey reminds me of the bacon commercials with that dog that will go through anything to get to his snacks.

I had a cat who ONLY liked Carolina Skinless Turkey Breast. When I bought it for him, the deli people told me they had another woman who bought that for her cats, too. He wouldn't eat any other turkey. But, a couple times, he got so frisky after grocery shopping when I brought it home, he took off for a stroll through the neighborhood, and he was an indoors cat. Ah, Marmalade. Quite a cat.

Lesa said...

Now, there's a recommendation I'll always trust, Kaye. One of yours! Thank you!

Bev Stephans said...

I just finished Christmas Mourning and really enjoyed it. It has it's light moments and dark moments, but they come together to make a wonderful book.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Bev. Maybe your comments will encourage people to enter the contest.

Patti O said...

Hi Lesa!

Add me to the list of people interested in winning A Christmas Mourning! I usually read the latest Maron around the holidays, as it's a good way to end the year :). Thanks for hosting these contests!
Take care!
Patti

(Not really interested in the other title.)

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Patti. I haven't been to my yahoo account tonight. I hope you sent me your address at lholstine@yahoo.com. Thanks!

kathy d. said...

Did Marmalade return home, I hope, after being in that turkey-induced manic state?

And, here we thought that turkey--due to tryptophan--makes people and animals sleepy.

Lesa said...

Once, kathy, Marmalade was gone for over an hour. I hunted all over for him because he'd been an indoors cat for years. I'd given up, and was in tears when he came strolling down the neighbor's driveway.

Turkey makes most of us sleepy, but you're right. He was in a turkey-induced manic state. He was just so excited to have his turkey.