Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's a Book by Lane Smith

This book is a little controversial in the review for children's books.  It's designed for ages 4 to 8, but,  there's a comment about a jackass, one of the characters, that causes the controversy.   However, I have to say, as an adult watching the digital revolution, worrying about the future of books, I found Lane Smith's It's a Book wonderful. So, the best thing I can do for you is show you a clip from the book, and recommend it for adults. If you're a book reader, you should love it.









Let me know what you think, if you get a chance to see Lane Smith's It's a Book.  For me, it's a keeper.

Lane Smith's website is http://www.lanesmithbooks.com/

It's a Book by Lane Smith.  Roaring Brook Press, ©2010. ISBN 9781596436060 (hardcover), 32p.

*****
FTC Full Disclosure - The publicist sent me the book, hoping I would review it.

15 comments:

Kay said...

I think this is priceless. I may have to get it to keep, just to have it. LOL

bermudaonion said...

I love the trailer but see where little ones might not get it. I'll have to look for it the next time I'm in a book store.

Lesa said...

Kay, This is terrific. I did it for breakfast storytime at my sister's house this morning. We all loved it.

Lesa said...

And, little ones won't understand the humor when he actually yells at the Jackass in the case of the book, Kathy. But, it's a fun book.

Dean James said...

It's an absolute hoot. I hope people won't get too worked up about something that will go over the heads of the little ones.

Lesa said...

I hope they don't either, Dean. I just wanted to point it out because I just KNOW that someone would object if I didn't mention it.

kitchen table said...

Wow! I love that video trailer. I watched it and I had a great time watching it. That book is a must have. I am going to buy a copy of that book whatever it takes.

Lesa said...

You're going to enjoy he book, kitchen table, if you liked the trailer. Have fun with it!

Molly said...

I LOVED the video and plan to find the book over the weekend. Personally, there are some teenagers I teach whom I think could benefit from this :)

Lesa said...

Oh, that's funny, Molly. I've been sharing the book with all of my family this week. Yes, there are teens that probably could benefit.

Kris said...

Lol -this was awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Kris. I shared that with lots of people in Ohio who really enjoyed it.

S.P.O said...

Lesa,

I just linked your review to the post on It's A Book for my blog. Please comment if you have a chance, I'd love yout perspective.

Shawn
www.futureofprint.blogspot.com

Lesa said...

Hi Shawn,

Stopped by and left my opinion. Just my opinion, though! Thanks for the link.

Russellxsoo said...

beginners and low volumn traders in India Stock Market. Olive Green, very dark-730-845-6845-* Leaders should be willing to shrink budgets by target percentages, and those charged with implementing those changes must be held accountable.If that list included the GOP sacred cows it would be a step in the right direction.