Saturday, May 15, 2010

A request for prayers - Kaye Barley's husband

I'm interrupting the blog for a little while to ask for prayers. If you hang around on DorothyL, or spend much time on mystery blogs, you probably know Kaye Barley from Meanderings and Muses. Kaye lives in Boone, NC with her beloved husband, Donald, and their dog, Harley. Kaye and Donald were just getting ready to leave on vacation, and Donald had a heart attack yesterday. He's in the hospital now in Asheville. Kaye said he's doing better, but I'm asking readers and friends to send their thoughts and prayers. They're a classy couple, and we want to keep Donald around a while.

I'm sure Kaye will appreciate all good thoughts that come their way.

14 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

So sorry to hear, but glad to know he's doing better. They will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for posting.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Dru said...

Sorry to hear this news and Kaye and family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kay said...

Glad that you posted this, Lesa. I'm definitely keeping Donald and Kaye in my prayers.

Lesa said...

I'm keeping Donald and Kaye in my prayers, too. And, every time I see her picture here, it reminds me to say another prayer.

Cleo Coyle said...

Lesa - thank you for letting us know this. I absolutely will keep Kaye and Donald in my prayers and good thoughts. (Will also tweet this.)

~Cleo

Janet Rudolph said...

Thanks, Lesa, for letting us all know. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts to Kaye for Donald's recovery.

Thank you for uniting the mystery community. We're a family, and you're part of the glue that holds us together.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Cleo, and thanks for tweeting. So many of us "know" Kaye, even if we've never met. I know we want to support her right now.

Lesa said...

We are a family, Janet, aren't we? Thank you! I think we're all important in keeping the mystery community together.

le0pard13 said...

Like everyone else here, I'm very sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers go out to Donald and Kaye. Thanks, Lesa.

Lesa said...

And, that's the reason I posted it, Michael. All Kaye asked for was thoughts and prayers. I wanted to pass it on to the "family" that cares.

Chris Grabenstein said...

I'll get a church load of prayers send skyward tomorrow morning and am adding my own tonight.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Chris. All of the prayers are helping. Kaye sent out a note saying Donald's out of ICU, but he has more tests on Monday or Tuesday. Keep those prayers coming. Thank you.

Maria said...

Hugs and prayers on the way!!!!

Maria

Lesa said...

Thanks, Maria! Donald, Kaye and Harley are all home now. Donald had a stent put in, and Kaye said it seems to have done the trick. But, they'll take all the prayers they can get!