Thursday, February 04, 2010

Winners and Debut Novels

Congratulations to the winners of the last contest. Jeffrey M. Siger's Murder in Mykonos will go to Diana O. from San Francisco, CA. And, the autographed ARC of Betty Webb's Desert Lost stays right here in Arizona, going to Ann B. in Prescott. The books will go out in the mail tomorrow.

I recently recommended Gutshot Straight, Lou Berney's terrific debut novel. And, it was recommended on the Today Show last Saturday. I have an autographed copy of this story of two con artists on the run. Do yourself a favor, and take a chance on winning this special debut.


Or you could win an ARC of Lenny Bartuli's Death by the Book. Jack Susko's life is quiet as owner of a secondhand bookstore, until Hammond Kasprowicz, a wealthy businessman, offers him a nice sum to hunt for copies of the works of an obscure poet. Jack doesn't care what he does with them, until he burns the books, and other things disappear. It's a "wisecracking debut."

Do you want to win Gutshot Straight or Death by the Book? You can enter to win both, but I need separate entries for each. If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either, Win "Gutshot Straight" or Win "Death by the Book." Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, Feb. 11 at 6 p.m. MT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

10 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Death By The Book looks fantastic! Great cover!

Lesa said...

Well, good luck with the contest, Sheila, if you choose to enter!

Rob said...

On my trip to Sydney in November I scored a used (but autographed) copy of Bartulin's first book in the series, A Deadly Business. He's an Australian author and I was looking for a new mystery writer. (It was one of my first book reviews too). I'll be sure to sign up for Death by The Book.

Marina McIntire said...

Lesa! My book -- Predators -- arrived today and I'm so eager to read it. I'm afraid, though, that it will have to perch on Mt. Tabor and "take potluck" -- i.e., wait until it takes my fancy. But I'm really excited to read it.
Thanks again!

Lesa said...

Good luck, Rob. And, thanks for the comment about A Deadly Business.

Lesa said...

Marina,

Thanks for letting me know that Predators arrived safely. Enjoy it, when it comes down off Mt. Tabor!

Kat Bryan said...

Congratulations to last week's winners!

I love a good mystery - these both sound interesting.

Lesa said...

Hope you have the chance to check them both out, Kat. And, good luck if you enter the contests!

apmonkey1 said...

Thanks for the contest.

Lesa said...

You're welcome. Good luck!