Monday, January 18, 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award

Thanks to le0pard13 at Lazy Thoughts From a Boomer for presenting me with the Kreativ Blogger Award. Before I dig into my life to try to find seven more things I haven't yet told you, here are the rules for the award.

1.Thank the person who gave this to you.
2.Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3.Link the person who nominated you.
4.Name seven things about yourself that no one would really know.
5.Nominate seven "Kreativ Bloggers."
6.Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7.Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

I've already done the first three. Now, here are seven more things about myself. (sigh) I don't really like to talk about myself that much!

1. I saw John Paul II at Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. when he first came to this country. They only allowed students and invited guests on campus, and, since I was a grad student, I had a front-row view.

2. My sister and I were lucky enough to tour the White House gardens on one of the two days of the year they were open during the Carter administration, and we saw Amy Carter coming from the tennis courts.

3. I saw Taming of the Shrew performed at the Folger Shakespeare Library.

4. Jim and I went to see Barack Obama when he toured for his book tour for The Audacity of Hope. When he shook my hand, he asked my name. (Every author should be left-handed as he is, so he could sign books and shake hands at the same time.)

5. I won a coloring contest as a kid. Here's a question. What kind of first prize is a hair dryer?

6. I'm from a small town that had a great little newspaper for years, covering all kinds of events. For instance, it included my surprise birthday party when I was in third grade, listing all of the girls that attended.

7. I won $60 at Bingo once, and got up and walked away with it.

I'm going to post links to seven blogs I'd nominate for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Maybe you'll check out these blogs. I'm not going to make them post seven items because, as much as we like the awards, it's hard to continue to come up with them. So, here are my seven blogs, and congratulations to all of these award winners! If you choose to accept the award, and post, great!

http://readingforsanity.blogspot.com - All of the reviewers on this site, especially because they recently reviewed a favorite of mine - The Scarlet Pimpernal by Baroness Emmuska Orczy.

redladysreadingroom-redlady.blogspot.com - a new favorite.

http://albertthecat.blogspot.com - If you're a cat lover, there's nobody any funnier or cuter than Albert.

http://bermudaonion.wordpress.com - Bermudaonion's Weblog for a fellow reader and blogger, who I've come to see as a friend.

http://www.mysteryloverskitchen.com - To all of the authors of Mystery Lovers Kitchen for a combination of food, recipes, cozy mysteries, and friendship!

luanne-abookwormsworld.blogspot.com - To Luanne, another blogging friend!

And, I'm going to cheat here, and pass this award to any of the other bloggers who read this, and care to accept it. You're all #7. I read so many blogs, but know that some people have the time to pass on the award, and others don't have the time. So. here's your Kreativ Blogger Award. Congratulations for taking time to talk about books, popular culture, and our world. (And, Jen, I know Michael already gave you this award, or you would have been #1 on the list.)

Thanks, Michael. And, congratulations to everyone!

14 comments:

Ingrid King said...

Congratulations on the award, Lesa! And it's always nice to get to know a little bit more about you.

And it's always fun to get to check out some new blogs.

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations on your award! Thank you so much for passing it on to me. I'm truly flattered by your kind words.

Lesa said...

I think that's the fun of the awards, Ingrid. It's nice to receive them, but it's even nicer to pass some blogs on.

Lesa said...

Bermudaonion,

You deserve the award! I just don't always know if people want to do everything involved, so I'll leave it up to you!

Krista said...

Oh my gosh! Lesa, we at Mystery Lovers Kitchen are honored! Thank you so much!

I love your small town newspaper. Even though big cities have advantages, there's nothing quite as cozy as the goings on in a small town. Gotta love it!

~ Krista

Lesa said...

You're right, Krista. I loved that newspaper. Unfortunately, it folded, as so many papers do, and even when they tried to bring it back, it didn't make it. It's a shame because I do think there's a place for small town papers.

And, you deserve the award, Krista! I just know you don't have time to do that again. You're the ones who gave me the last one. (grin)

le0pard13 said...

You are surely wecome, Lesa. Wonderful selection of nominees, too.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Thanks so much, Lesa! And remind me to play Bingo with you sometime. We can go in together! :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder
Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen

Lesa said...

Thank you, Michael! I tried to pick a few different nominees.

Lesa said...

Elizabeth,

I don't even know how to play Bingo as competitively as they do nowadays. That was at my hometown festival, Bingo run by the Catholic Church. That's the old-fashioned Bingo. But, I'd go with you anytime!

Luanne said...

Thank you for thinking of me Lesa - I appreciate it. Ahh the small town newspaper. They still exist - for example I can tell you who hosted the UCW meeting last Wednesday and what the discussion was. Who helped served communion and oh so much more breaking news. The hair dryer? The local drugstore donated it.

Lesa said...

Love it, Luanne! Thank you. I still love those small town newspapers. I even subscribed to my hometown one when it tried to resurrect. Too bad it didn't last.

Bonnie said...

Congrats on your well deserved award Lesa!I love reading about the things that you share about yourself, they are very interesting! I got a chuckle out of the newspaper highlighting your surprise birthday party when you were in 3rd grade! I hope that you saved that clipping, it would be a treasure for a scrapbook.

I am so honored that you passed the award on to my blog. I can't tell you how touched I am. I've enjoyed following your wonderful blog and getting to know you. If it wasn't for your review of Saving CeeCee Honeycutt I wouldn't have had the opportunity to read an early copy and then meet Beth. I thank you for that!

Lesa said...

Oh, Bonnie. Thank you for all of those nice comments. Wait until you see the award I'm presenting on Friday. Don't worry. I'm not going to make you do two awards in a week. That's the only reason you didn't get it. It's gong to be fun.

Actually, I don't have that clipping anyplace. But, I remember the thrill of seeing all of our names in that column. It was probably the first time my name was in the newspaper since my birth announcement!

I'm very pleased you discovered Beth Hoffman and Saving CeeCee Honeycutt due to my blog, and ended up meeting her. You don't know how happy that makes me, Bonnie. Thank you.