Monday, January 18, 2010

2009 Dilys Award Nominees

The Independent Mystery Booksellers Association has announced the nominees for the 2009 Dilys Awards, given to the mystery title of the year which the member booksellers have most enjoyed selling. The Dilys Award is named in honor of Dilys Winn, the founder of the first specialty bookseller of mystery books in the United States, and is presented at the Left Coast Crime mystery convention.

These are this year's nominees -

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
A Quiet Belief in Angels by R.J. Ellroy
The Dark Horse by Craig Johnson
The Girl Who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson
The Ghosts of Belfast by Stuart Neville
The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny
The Shanghai Moon by S.J. Rozan

Congratulations to all of the nominees, with a special note to two authors. Louise Penny is a friend, and Authors @ The Teague will be hosting Alan Bradley on April 1 when he tours for his new book, The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag. Congratulations!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

There are still some books on this list that I need to read!

I'm excited for Louise. Loved her book!

Elizabeth

Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen
Mystery Writing is Murder

Lesa said...

Like you, Elizabeth, I haven't read many of these books. I loved The Brutal Telling, too.

Jen Forbus said...

Count me in as three for loving THE BRUTAL TELLING. I also loved THE DARK HORSE. Both books were on my list of favorites for 2009. Congrats to Louise and Craig. Boy Howdy!!

Lesa said...

Jen,

As soon as I saw your name pop up, I knew which two books, and authors, you were rooting for! I know how much you like Louise and Craig, and their books. Good luck to both of them!