Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Salon - Sunday Tidbits

By the time Saving CeeCee Honeycutt is published in January, you'll be tired of hearing me praise it. But I want to share Beth Hoffman's good news about her debut novel. It has been chosen to be a Main Selection of the Doubleday Book Club. As of this posting, rights have also been sold to seven foreign countries, Italy, Israel, Germany, France, Korea, the Philippines, and Canada. Not bad for a debut novel! Beth Hoffman's website is www.bethhoffman.net

Do you still need some book suggestions for holiday gifts for the mystery readers in your family? My friend, and fellow blogger, Jen Forbus, surveyed authors, bloggers, reviewers, and booksellers, in order to share their suggestions. Check out Jen's blog this week, for all of those suggestions. It's Jen's Book Thoughts.

I have a busy week coming up with so many fun author appearances that it might be a day or two until everything gets posted. Tuesday night, I'm going to dinner with a friend, Patti O'Brien, and Louise Penny and her husband, Michael. I finally get to meet Michael! If read Louise Penny's blog, you've read about Michael, the model for Armand Gamache. I can't wait to meet him. And Louise is one of the nicest people in the world. So, I'm looking forward to dinner. Then, it's off to the Poisoned Pen, where Louise will be appearing with Peter Robinson. She'll be discussing The Brutal Telling, and he'll talk about The Price of Love, a story collection. Summary up on Friday!







Thursday afternoon at 2 PM, Authors @ The Teague will host two San Francisco authors. I haven't met Mark Coggins, author of the August Riordan series, or Michelle Gagnon, who writes about Special Agent Kelly Jones. I'm really looking forward to the program. Coggins' latest book is The Big Wake-Up. And, Gagnon will talk about The Gatekeeper.





If you can't stop by the Velma Teague Library on Thursday, Dec. 3, stop by my blog. I'll be interviewing Joanna Challis, author of Murder on the Cliffs. It's a mystery that introduces a young Daphne du Maurier as the amateur sleuth. Challis is hoping to review the gothic romance. You'll want to take time to "meet" her.








I'm ending my week back at the Velma Teague Library on Saturday, Dec. 5 at 2 PM when Authors @ The Teague presents the Desert Sleuths Chapter of Sisters in Crime. They have a fun anthology that will perfect for a gift for mystery lovers, How Not to Survive the Holidays. This should be a fun panel discussion, since there will be over ten authors there!

This week's Sunday Tidbits - news about Beth Hoffman's forthcoming book, Jen Forbus' book suggestions, and authors on tour. If you're in the Phoenix area, maybe I'll see you at the Poisoned Pen or the Velma Teague Library.

17 comments:

Kay said...

Lesa, wow, what a week you have! Quite exciting! Please give my best to Patti and Louise. I'm thrilled that you get to meet Michael. He and Louise have had quite an eventful and stressful few weeks lately. Tell them I have been thinking of them.

You've got a great line-up for your library. I love Michelle Gagnon's books. Looking forward to reading the latest.

Take care and have fun!

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

This looks like a crazy week for you!

I've got "Saving CeeCee" on request at my library for when it's released, per your recommendation. :)

I love Louise's books, and am envious you get to meet her "Armand"!

The Daphne du Maurier plot sounds really interesting!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

bermudaonion said...

I'm so glad to hear the great news about Beth Hoffman's book - she's such a kind author. I can't wait to read her book.

Lesa said...

And, just think, Kay. This schedule has nothing to do with the Christmas rush! It's my author rush! I'll tell Louise and Patti you said hi. Wish you were going to be here with us this year.

Lesa said...

Elizabeth - I can't wait to hear what people think about CeeCee when it comes out. I hope others love it as much as I do.

I'm excited about meeting Michael! It's going to be great to meet "Armand."

I always liked gothic romances, so I hope Joanna has good luck with the series.

Lesa said...

Isn't that great news about Beth's book, bermudaonion? I'm really pleased for her.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Since I am not a mystery reader, mystery suggestions are most helpful!

Lesa said...

Great, Diane! Glad I could help.

caite said...

Please be sure to tell Ms. penny that I loved The Brutal Telling. ;-) It was the first of her books that I read but certainly not the last.
And I must say that Murder on the Cliffs sounds very interesting...

Yvonne said...

The Beth Hoffman book looks so good!

Lesa said...

Caite,

I will tell her you loved The Brutal Telling. Now you have to go back and read the earlier ones.

Murder on the Cliffs does sound interesting, doesn't it?

Lesa said...

Yvonne,

Beth Hoffman's book, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, lives up to its book jacket, too. It's terrfic.

Diane said...

Lesa, I'll be reading CeeCee Honeycutt in December. Loved The Brutal Telling as well --good picks.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Diane! I'm glad you liked The Brutal Telling. And, enjoy CeeCee!

Michelle Gagnon said...

Looking forward to meeting you too, Lesa!

Lesa said...

See you Thursday, Michelle!

brizmus said...

I'm definitely going to be checking out Saving Ceecee Honeycutt. It sounds so beautiful, and I just love that cover!