Tuesday, November 24, 2009

How Not to Survive the Holidays by Desert Sleuths Sisters in Crime

Are you a little tired of the sweet Christmas stories with happy endings? The Desert Sleuths Chapter of Sisters in Crime has just the story collection for you, How Not to Survive the Holidays.

The anthology has a little bit of crime for everyone. Deborah J. Ledford's "A Christmas Tail" is a story for those of us who are cat lovers. There's something sneaky going on in Connie Flynn's story, "There's a Dead Elf in Santa's Workshop." Try Roni Olson's "Relativity," a traditional mystery about a family trapped by a blizzard at Christmas. JoAnne Zeterberg brings us a protective ghost in "The Gift. And, try two favorites, Judy Starbuck's story of a mystery writer who takes her life into her own hands, "A Christmas Stalking," and Merle McCann's "Yule Night," a historical piece set in 1902.

I'm a fan of short stories, and anthologies provide the opportunity to discover new authors. How Not to Survive the Holidays might be just the gift for the person who needs a break from holiday festivities. Give the gift of crime this year.

How Not to Survive the Holidays by Desert Sleuths Sisters in Crime. DS Publishing,
©2009. ISBN 9780615306650 (paperback), 218p.

FTC Full Disclosure: The Desert Sleuths Chapter of Sisters in Crime will be appearing at the Velma Teague Library for Authors@The Teague on Saturday, Dec. 5 at
2 PM. I was given a copy of the book to read since they'll be appearing at the library.

8 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I like short stories, too--particularly at this time of year when the holidays make life busier! These sound funny, too. Thanks!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Lesa said...

It's a mixture, Elizabeth. Some are funny; others are just good, solid mysteries. I agree; short stories are perfect for this time of year.

Kästle said...

Sounds great Lesa, Where can I pick up a copy??

Lesa said...

Kastle,

I don't know where you live. Here is the ISBN # for the book, ISBN 9780615306650. In the Phoenix area, I know you can buy it at the Poisoned Pen Bookstore. Check with your local bookstore; give them that ISBN #. Or, send me your name and address to my email account at lholstine@yahoo.com, and I'll pass it on to a member of the group who can get in touch with you. Kris Neri, who is included in the book, is owner of The Well Red Coyote Bookstore in Sedona, AZ. If you contact them online, I'm sure Kris can get you a copy. Their web address is www.wellredcoyote.com.

Chantelle said...

Thanks for such an amazing review, Lesa! I know all of us can't wait to see you in December!
Please do pick up the anthology at the Pen or the Coyote, but it's also available online at www.desertsleuths.com!
Chantelle

Lesa said...

Thanks, Chantelle. I'm glad you passed the information on as to where people can order it if they don't get it from one of our Indie mystery bookstores.

Oh, this is going to be a fun picture to try to put on my blog. Are you all wearing Santa hats that day, Chantelle?

Shelly said...

This book sounds perfect for my mom. Thanks!

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Shelly. I hope she enjoys it.