Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks



I love Christmas. I love all of the decorations, the music, the food, and all of the excitement.

But, Thanksgiving is always special. It's a time to slow down before the rush of the Christmas holidays, and just say thank you for the blessings of the last year.

So, I'm grateful for all of you for reading Lesa's Book Critiques for the last year. It's been fun to talk books with all of you in the last year, and I hope we keep in touch here and on other blogs and websites for the next year.

I appreciate all the authors who take time to put their thoughts, and their hearts, out there for all us to touch. I'm thankful for your books, and for all of the publishers and publicists who sent me books in the last year. I hope I continue to make it worthwhile for you to send books. I'll try to continue to share my enthusiasm for them. I don't know what my life would be like without books.

I'm thankful for the career I've had in public libraries, working in them since I was sixteen. I've worked with wonderful people, met great people at the library, and had the opportunity to talk and share books with people in Ohio, Florida and Arizona over the years. And, I'm sending my hugs to all of you I've worked with. Thank you for being in my life.

I'm glad I have all of the cats in my life. They add joy and laughter to every day. I'm glad we were able to add the little one this year, Jinx.



The actual picture of my mother and sisters is terrific, but taking a picture of it distorts it a little. Two years ago, my mother, Elizabeth Growel, and my sisters, Linda and Christie, came out to surprise me for my 50th birthday. These are my favorite women in my life. I love you, and I'm so thankful you're my family.





And, a final thank you to Jim, for twenty-six years. I love you, and I'm thankful for the life we lead now, the books and sports we've shared over the years, the cats we love, and all of our time together.





Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

25 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lesa! I love the pictures of your family. And we're all thankful for your blog!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

bermudaonion said...

Lovely post. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jen Forbus said...

And a most Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Lesa! Pass my wishes to Jim and give each kitty a kiss from me! :)

Kaye said...

Hi Lesa, just popping in to wish you and your family a most happy and blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day!

Diane said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lesa. I loved the photos of family and Jinx--very nice.

Jim said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of Lesa's readers too! I feel I know all of you, because Lesa talks so much about you!

Have a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Love to all,

Jim

Lesa said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Elizabeth! I hope you have a great day.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Bermudaonion. Happy Thanksgiving!

Lesa said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jen! When I see any of those cats, who have all disappeared for morning naps, I'll give them kisses from you. And, Jim read the blog replies, and said Happy Thanksgiving back!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Kaye! We're planning to enjoy a quiet Thanksgiving together, and four days together. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Enjoy the day, and your family!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Diane. Happy Thanksgiving!

The Brookfield Library said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Lesa! Your blog is one I'm thankful for--and thank you for sharing family pictures today!

Katherine
The Brookfield Library

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lesa! And love the little kitty in the bag. That's where ours would be, too.

Twenty-six years is wonderful. We'll hit nineteen next year, and I don't know about you, but it gets better every year.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Katherine. And, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Oh, I thought about sharing the books I appreciated the most, but my family will last longer. (smile) I have a wonderful family, and I wanted to share pictures.

Enjoy your day today, Katherine!

Lesa said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Diane! Yes, you're right. It does get better every year. There's something to be said for the comfort of knowing each other so well, and being there for each other.

Thanks. I love that picture of Jinx, and one of his older brother "reading" Tamora Pierce's last book.

Happy Thanksgiving!

le0pard13 said...

You are a gracious and giving person. Happiest of Thanksgivings, Lesa.

Mason Canyon said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lesa and family. You've introduced me some very interesting authors and books in the short time I've been checking blogs, thank you so much.
Hope you and your family have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. (P.S. Jinx is darling.)

Lesa said...

Thank you, le0pard13. What a nice compliment! I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving with your family.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Mason. I hope you have a happy thanksgiving! I'm so glad you've discovered some interesting authors & books here.

And, Jinx is sitting on the arm of the chair watching me type this. He's fascinated by the moving cursor, and tries to type, too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Literary Feline said...

What a wonderful post, Lesa. We certainly do have much to be thankful for, don't we? I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and enjoy the weekend!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Wendy! I had a very nice Thanksgiving. Put up decorations today. Hope to relax the rest of the weekend! Have a nice weekend!

Ingrid King said...

Better late than never - belated Thanksgiving wishes to you! (Anne Landers would probably really frown on this delay!). I am thankful for your wonderful blog and for contributing to making my TBR list truly unmanageable - and I love it!

Beth Hoffman said...

What a truly beautiful post, Lesa.

I'm grateful to have you in my life.

Lesa said...

Oh, that's funny, Ingrid! I'll accept the good wishes anytime, no matter what Ann Landers would have said.

And, I'm not one bit sorry for making that TBR pile unmanageable! Enjoy it!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Beth! And, I'm so glad you've been added to my life. It's another blessing.