Thursday, October 15, 2009

Winners and Death in a Small Village Mysteries

Congratulations to the winners of the last contest. The autographed copy of Alan Jacobson's The 7th Victim will go to Phyllis A. of Carlisle, AR, and Chelsea Cain's Evil at Heart goes to Jennifer M. of New York City. The books will go out in the mail tomorrow.

Small villages often contain dark mysteries, and this week's books are perfect
examples of that type. I'm giving away an ARC of the third book in Ann Cleeves' Shetland Quartet, Red Bones. Jimmy Perez is called in to investigate when it appears that an elderly matriarch is accidentally shot on Whalsey. When a second death occurs, Perez knows his sense of unease is warranted. An archaeological dig on the island stirred up a troubling past.





When I originally gave away an ARC of S.J. Bolton's Awakening, I warned it's not a book for you if you don't want to read about snakes. Venomous snakes are suddenly invading houses in a small English village, and Clara Benning, a wildlife veterinary surgeon must search into the myserious past of the town in order to find an evil killer.




So, would you like Red Bones or Awakening? You can enter to win both, but I need separate entries for each. If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either
Win "Red Bones" or Win "Awakening." Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, Oct. 22 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

4 comments:

Pat R. said...

Wonderful contest. I haven't read Awakening but I should have it soon.

I hope the Ann Cleeves trilogy doesn't end there. I loved every one of the three books.

Lesa said...

It's a quartet, Pat, so there will be one more. I'd like to see more than that, but a friend said there can't be THAT many murders in the Shetlands.

Anonymous said...

I would love to have awakening because it sounds soooo interesting! :)

18316 western ave.
Homewood,IL
60430

Katie Smith

Lesa said...

Good luck, Katie!