Thursday, August 20, 2009

Winners and a Paranormal Mystery Contest

Congratulations to the winners of last week's contest. Lisa Jackson's Chosen to Die will go to Cheryl M. from North Providence, RI. Sweetheart by Chelsea Cain will go to Karen B. of Bloomington, MN. The books will go out in the mail tomorrow.

This week, I'm offering two paranormal mysteries. When Juliet Blackwell appeared at Velma Teague on Saturday, she signed a copy of the first mystery in her new series,
Secondhand Spirits. Lily Ivory is not the average witch, but she hopes to have a normal life when she opens a vintage store in San Francisco. Unfortunately for her plans, she might be the only one who can unravel a crime when a client is murdered and children start disappearing. The winner gets Blackwell's debut paperback in this series, along with her signature, and her own "signature" artwork.







Or, you could win a copy of The Ghost and the Femme Fatale, my favorite book in Alice Kimberly's Haunted Bookshop mystery series. Penelope Thornton-McClure is handling the books sales for guest speakers at the town's first Film Noir Festival. When a legendary femme fatale is almost killed, and other guests die, Penelope works with the ghost of Jack Shepard, the private investigator who was killed in her shop years ago. Once again, Jack helps Penelope with a current case, while she experiences one of his cases from fifty years earlier.

Do you want to win Secondhand Spirits or The Ghost and the Femme Fatale? You can enter to win both, but I need separate entries for each. If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either Win "Second Spirits" or Win "Femme Fatale". Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, August 27 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

12 comments:

TJ said...

Congrats to the winners!

Lesa said...

Thanks, TJ!

Valerie said...

Neat contest I love these type books. Thanks for such a neat site.

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Valerie. I loved The Ghost and the Femme Fatale, and I'm equally enjoying my copy of Secondhand Spirits. The giveaway copy is unread, with its own special signature.

Patsy said...

I like these kinds of books.

Lesa said...

Me, too, Patsy. I really enjoyed both of them.

Jessica's_Junk said...

I would love to read SecondHand Spirits!
thanks for the contest
-Jessica
jessicasjunk08@gmail.com

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Jessica. I hope you entered at lholstine@yahoo.com. Just send me your name and mailing address.

Kaye said...

Fabulous contest.I love these kinds of books. I'm off to e mail you. Thanks, Lesa for all your giveaways.

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Kaye. Good luck!

GALENA said...

avid reader always searching for new writters to follow

Lesa said...

Thanks, Galena. You'll find new writers here! I hope you come back.