Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Terrific Wednesday!

What a nice Wednesday!

When I went in my email this morning, I discovered that I was named 1 of the 100 best Twitter Feeds for Librarians of the Future, http://tinyurl.com/qy2y4y from www.onlinecourses.org. Very nice! And, my name was just underneath Michael Stephens', which I find really exciting. If you're a librarian, grab the chance to hear him speak.

My blog has been nominated as Best Blog in three categories for Book Blogger Appreciation Week (#BBAW on Twitter). It's been nominated for Best General Review Blog, Best Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Blog, and Best Publishing Industry Blog. I can't believe it! That's so nice.

On top of that, I'm about to leave for my favorite day of the quarter - the librarians' brown bag luncheon. I have 15 to 20 books I'll talk about while library staff from the system have lunch. It's always fun!

It's been a great day, and it's just 11 AM!

20 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations! You've had a terrific day.

Diane said...

Lesa...congratulations, you should feev great!

Jen said...

Yay Lesa!!! :) Congrats!

meen said...

Congratulations, Lesa. It's all very well deserved if you askme.

Julie Hyzy said...

Lesa, congratulations!! I'm so excited for you. So well deserved! Woo-hoo!!

Julie

Lesa said...

Thank you, Everyone! I'm so excited. I have a little work to do for the next step, but it's an honor to know someone nominated me.

And, I bought a Powerball ticket for tonight!

Kaye said...

probably more than A somone. I bet there were lots of someones! You so deserve this!

Lesa said...

Oh, thank you, Kaye! That's so nice. Hugs!

Molly said...

What a GREAT day!! You are well-deserving of each one of those awesome awards!

Searcher said...

You are having a good day and a well deserved one.

Good Luck!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Molly & Searcher! I appreciate the nice comments.

Yvonne said...

Congrats, Lesa! The nominations are well deserved!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Yvonne! That's very nice of you.

Cathy said...

It certainly was a Wonderful Wednesday. Congratulations!

Craig McDonald said...

Congratulations, Lesa; it is indeed well-deserved.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Cathy & Craig. It is quite an honor.

Ingrid King said...

Congratulations, Lesa!

And I love the photo you choose for his post.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Ingrid! I liked that one, too. It said it all, especially since I love books and cats.

Kerrie said...

Well done Lesa. Two of my blogs have been nominated in the Crime/Mystery category too. Makes you feel appreciated doesn't it?

Lesa said...

Congratulations, Kerrie! Yes, it does make you feel appreciated, especially when you DON'T know who nominated you. That's even better than knowing. It just means some readers out there appreciate your hard work!