Thursday, July 16, 2009

Winners and Leadville Contest

Congratulations to the winners of the Killer Summer contest. Five autographed copies of Ridley Pearson's book will go to Heather S. from Georgetown, IL, Sandra B. from Surfside Beach, SC, Luanne O. of Granton, Ontario, Canada, Lori W. of Reston, VA, and Lois P. from Jonesboro, AR.

This week, two lucky winners will get the chance to win autographed books set in Leadville, Colorado, the home of Ann Parker's Silver Rush mystery series. Ann's been nice enough to offer autographed copies of two of her books for the latest contest.

Silver Lies, the first book in the series, introduces Inez Stannert, owner of the Silver Queen saloon. In 1879, Leadville is a boomtown, filled with silver fever. It's a fascinating introduction to this historical mystery series, as Inez pokes around when a man is found dead behind her saloon.




Leaden Skies is the third book, and latest in the series. Inez has to cope with her own worries, as she files for divorce, signs an agreement that may turn out to be a devil's pact when a prostitute is murdered, and holds her head high as she attends events for the visiting former President Ulysses S. Grant. It's never dull in a mining town, as evidenced in these books.


Would you like to win Silver Lies or Leaden Skies? You can enter to win both, but I need two separate entries. If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either Win "Lead" or Win "Silver". Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, July 23 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

9 comments:

Camille Minichino said...

AHA, I think I've found a way to sneak in a comment. Ann's books are among my favorites, and not just because we'll be touring together in August.
The Silver Rush series pulls you into Leadville, the 19th century, and a saloon, whether you want to go or not!

Thanks, Ann, for your great series.

Camille/Margaret Grace

justice said...

Oh! what a lovely site I found!

justice

------------
Free Satellite TV

Lesa said...

Thank you, Camille! You did find a way to successfully comment. Have a great tour with Ann! She'll be here in August with Sophie Littlefield and Juliet Blackwell.

HODGEPODGESPV said...

the first time i became aquainted with leadville was thru the unsinkable molly brown movie. then my mom pointed me to a readersdigest book about her. when i think that this was such a short time ago, well, makes you just want to read. especially when a good review talks about it.

Lesa said...

Thank you! I hope you enjoy Ann Parker's books since they're set in Leadville.

Ann Parker said...

... I just want to add that the copy of Leaden Skies will also include an insert of the "mysteriously missing Author's Note."
And what Camille doesn't tell you in her very kind comment is that half of Leaden Skies was written while I camped out weekends in her guest room! It was my own private "writer's retreat," about 20 miles from home. What a wonderful gift that was! :-)
Finally, Leadville has quite a history, and the Unsinkable Molly Brown is definitely part of it! She came on the scene a bit later (in 1884) than the timeframe of my series so far (1879-1880).

Lesa said...

Thank you, Ann! And, I did add the comment about the Author's Note to my review of the book.

I'm glad you said "the timeframe of my series so far". Leaves room for more!

Ann Parker said...

Absolutely, there's room for MUCH more... I just have to write faster. Too, I've got my eye on Oscar Wilde's visit to Leadville in 1882. Oscar and Inez? Now that could be quite interesting...

Lesa said...

Oh, and you're getting closer to 1882. Oscar Wilde and Inez just boggles the imagination!