Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mystery Readers Journal

I just received my copy of Mystery Readers Journal: The Journal of Mystery Readers International, and I was very excited to actually hold it in my hand. Janet Rudolph, Editor of the magazine, had asked me if I'd like to become one of the reviewers. I was very honored to be asked to participate.

I was even more honored when I read her online comments earlier this week, and then her commentary in the journal itself, "From the Editor's Desk". She made the comment, "There are so many great blogs out there, too, with wonderful reviews. Case in point is Lesa Holstine's Lesa's Book Critiques (www.lesasbookcritiques.blogspot.com). What an avid reader and terrific reviewer. I'm thrilled to announce that Lesa has joined Mystery Readers Journal as a reviewer. Her first reviews appear in this issue."

Thank you, Janet! It's an honor to be included. This issue covers Los Angeles Mysteries, and there are so many of them that it's "Los Angeles Mysteries I", to be followed by a second issue covering LA.

And, Janet's commentary is worth reading all by itself, filled with news. She's planning to have Mystery Readers Journal available soon as a PDF. She includes her blog and Twitter addresses. And, she quietly mentions that she's the Fan Guest of Honor at Left Coast Crime in 2010.

The back of the Journal lists all of the Macavity Nominees. It's a pleasure to have a little part of this magazine that includes authors such as Bruce Cook, Lee Goldberg, Gregg Hurwitz, Kris Neri, and Linda L. Richards, among authors. I have some fun reading ahead of me, in this entire issue devoted to Los Angeles.

Mystery Readers Journal: The Journal of Mystery Readers International, Vol. 25, Number 2, Summer 2009.

8 comments:

Janet Rudolph said...

I really am thrilled to include you as a reviewer. I've enjoyed your blog and twitter comments for quite some time. So astute.

Looking forward to a wonderful working relationship.

Corey Wilde said...

Congratulations, Lesa. You've earned it.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Janet! I'm going to enjoy it!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Corey! It's going to be fun.

Maria said...

I follow Janet's blogs--lots of fun. She has a chocolate blog that is probably my favorite. Definitely worth checking out!!!

Maria

Lesa said...

Thanks, Maria! Janet is really busy, with her blogs, Mystery Readers Journal, and all of her other activities. She is worth following!

Searcher said...

Congratulations!

I follow your blog as well as Janet's and you both offer such great reviews and news.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Searcher! I appreciate it.