Thursday, May 21, 2009

Winners and Autographed Mystery Contest

Before I congratulate the winners of the Light or Dark Contest, I'd like to apologize to them. I always send an email note to the winners, but, we're disconnecting the Internet until tomorrow night as soon as I publish this email, so I won't have time. We're moving everything out of our place so it can be recarpeted. Tomorrow night I'll be back online.

So, congratulations to Shirley B. of Caseville, MO, winner of Louise Ure's The Fault Tree. And, Tisa A. of Yelm, WA will receive Evelyn David's Murder Takes the Cake. They'll go out in the mail immediately.

This week's giveaways are autographed mysteries. I had the chance to meet Australian author Garry Disher this week when he was on his U.S. tour for Blood Moon. I have an autographed copy of that terrific police procedural, featuring Inspector Hal Challis and Sergeant Ellen Destry. And, in case you're wondering, you don't have to have read previous books in the series. Disher does a wonderful job providing the backstory so you can step right into this book. Here's a chance to discover an author and series that might be new to you.







Or, you could win Consigned to Death, the first Josie Prescott Antiques
mystery by Jane K. Cleland. This first book finds Josie under suspicion soon after she opens her business. This isn't the way to start a new antiques and appraisal business.



So, would you like to win Blood Moon or Consigned to Death? You can enter to win both, but I need two separate entries. If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either Win "Blood Moon" or Win "Consigned to Death". Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, May 28 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

4 comments:

Jo Ann said...

WooHoo...either book sounds great. Thanks for the opportunity to win a book from a new author for me!

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Jo Ann! I love it when readers discover new authors. Good luck!

rbailey1958 said...

They both sound like good books
pkbailey@charter.net

Lesa said...

They are both good books. I'll add your name to the drawing this time, but, in the future, the best thing to do is to email me your name and mailing address at lholstine@yahoo.com.