Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Rap Sheet

Since I'm racing through the new Jim Butcher book, Turn Coat, I don't have a book review today. Instead, I'll talk about a terrific site for all of us who love crime fiction. Many readers may have already found The Rap Sheet, but, if you haven't seen this blog, you're missing one of the best crime fiction sites available.

J. Kingston Pierce is the editor of this well-respected blog, but the contributors are all well-known names in the crime fiction field. Megan Abbott, Dick Adler, Ali Karim, Gary Phillips, and Linda L. Richards are just some of the writers who provide input. And, they need input, because The Rap Sheet successfully covers so many aspects of the genre.

Just within the last week, you could have read book reviews, an article about Friday's "Forgotten" books, started by Patti Abbott a year ago, information about a competition to win passes to Britain's Crimefest '09, and the list of nominees for Canada's Arthur Ellis Awards. The blog also highlights other blog entries, and links to news about crime fiction, publishing, interviews, convention and award news.

If you want to keep up with news in the crime fiction genre, you should be reading The Rap Sheet. No one does a better job of keeping readers informed.

6 comments:

L.J. Sellers said...

Thanks for the reminder. It's on my list, but I've forgotten to check in there lately.

Corey Wilde said...

Like your blog, Lesa, The Rap Sheet is regular reading for me.

Lesa said...

Like you, L.J., I sometimes to forget to check in there. I put it on my blog updates, so I can try to keep up with it better.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Corey. I need to check it more regularly.

J. Kingston Pierce said...

I appreciate the kind words, Lesa. And I'm pleased to hear that many readers enjoy what we try to accomplish with The Rap Sheet.

Cheers,
J. (Jeff) Kingston Pierce
Editor, The Rap Sheet

Lesa said...

I voted for The Rap Sheet, Jeff! You do a wonderful job keeping up with a constantly changing genre.