Monday, February 23, 2009

Upcoming Authors @ The Teague

If you're going to be in the Glendale, Arizona area in the next month, you might want to check out the schedule of authors appearing at the Velma Teague Library. We have a terrific list of mystery authors coming to the library.

Jacqueline Winspear, author of the Maisie Dobbs novels, will be our guest author on Tuesday, Feb. 24 at 3:30. She has won numerous awards for her work, including the Agatha, Alex, and Macavity awards for the first book in the series, Maisie Dobbs. On Tuesday, she will discuss and sign her new book, Among the Mad(Henry Holt and Company).







Cara Black will join us for Authors @ The Teague on Wednesday, March 11. Cara will take us to Paris with her new Aimée Leduc mystery, Murder in the Latin Quarter (Soho Press). Aimée finds herself involved in murky Haitian politics leading to
murder. The setting is the Latin Quarter on the Left Bank of the Seine, in the old university district of Paris.












On Wednesday, March 18, we're bringing a hot and cold team to the library. From Canada, comes Vicki Delaney, author of the second Constable Molly Smith mystery.



Deborah Atkinson Turrell is touring with Vicki. Deborah is joining us from Hawaii, bringing her latest suspense novel featuring attorney Storm Kayama, Pleasing the
Dead (Poisoned Pen Press). I'll have more on this program, closer to the date.

With settings from England to Paris, Canada to Hawaii, and an outstanding group of mystery writers, the Authors @ The Teague programs are bringing the world to the Velma Teague Library. Mark your calendars now, and plan to join us!

The Velma Teague Library is at 7010 N. 58th Ave., Glendale, AZ 85301. Call 623-390-3431 for more information.

6 comments:

bookfool said...

I'm not in that area, but thanks for the reminder to check my local library's website and see if we have any authors scheduled!

Meljprincess said...

I'm in VA so I can't make it but I wish I could. Have a fabulous time!

Mel K.

Lesa said...

I'm glad I reminded you, Bookfool! You never know what the library might have.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Mel! I'm sure we'll have a good time.

Kay said...

Oooh, I wish you could film it. Know you can't but it would be lovely. Have a great time. I'll live vicariously through your reports.

Lesa said...

Someday, maybe, Kay. But, since I really have not knowledge of how to do that, it won't be right now. My reports will follow for each of them, though! I'll have fun!