Thursday, January 29, 2009

Winners and Hardcover Crime Novels Contest

Congratulations to the winners of my "Favorite Authors" contest. Still Life by Louise Penny will go to Michael C. in Kalamazoo, MI. The Drop Edge of Yonder by Donis Casey also goes to Michigan, to Sherrie M. from Muskegon. The books will go out in the mail tomorrow.

This week, I'm giving away two hardcover crime novels. If you read this blog regularly, you know I just reviewed Linda L. Richards' second Kitty Pangborn mystery, Death Was in the Picture. I'm giving away the first book in
the series, so you can start at the beginning. Death Was the Other Woman introduces Kitty, secretary to Dex Theroux, a private detective. Kitty isn't sure what side of the law they're working on when Dex takes a case for the wife of a shady businessman. Richards' mysteries are a fascinating peek into the Depression.

Lisa Jackson's Lost Souls is the story of a young woman whose dreams of being a true crime writer leads her to enroll in All Saints College despite her police detective father's wishes. Four girls, "lost souls", have disappeared from the school in the last two years. Kristi Bentz' search takes her undercover into a cult, and into the path of a serial killer.

So, do you want Death Was the Other Woman or Lost Souls? You can enter twice, once for each book. If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either Win "The Other Woman" or Win "Lost Souls". Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, Feb. 5 at 6 p.m. MT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa Jackson is a favorite writer of mine, so I am delighted to see
a contest where I might win one
of her books. The other writer is
new to me so that will be a treat.

Lesa said...

Good luck in the contests! Thanks for writing that Lisa Jackson is one of your favorite writers.

Clea Simon said...

The Linda L. Richards is wonderful! I just splurged on her new one: "Death was in the Picture."

Lesa said...

That's for the plug, Clea! It doesn't hurt for people to know it's a terrific book before they enter the contest!

Godesseablu said...

Lisa Jackson's books are so cool, Thanks, Godesseablu@msn.com

ZESTYWONDERLAND said...

Hi Lesa!
Just stopping by to say ~I emailed entries for both books.
Lost Souls & Death Was The Other Woman.....sounds very good ! I am a gumshoe wanna be & love (who done it) stories.
thanks & have a great day & Happy valentine's early!

zestywonderland@gmail.com

Lesa said...

Hi Zestywonderland!

I always appreciate your visit. I love your avatar, for one thing. It cheers me up when things aren't going so wel..

Good luck with the contest, and Happy Valentine's Day!