Thursday, January 22, 2009

Winners and Contest for Favorite Authors

Congratulations to the winners of the Overseas Mystery Contest. The Paris Enigma by Pablo De Santis will go to Charlene K. from Spotsylvania, VA. The Price of Butcher's Meat by Reginald Hill goes to Lorrie H. from Glendale, CA.

In the last week, I had the chance to hear two of my favorite authors, Donis Casey and Louise Penny. I bought trade paperbacks of one book by each, had it autographed, and now I'm offering them to you.

The Drop Edge of Yonder by Donis Casey is the story of a family murder. One summer evening in 1914, someone killed Bill McBride, kidnapped his fiancée, and wounded Alafair Tucker's daughter, Mary. Nothing would make Alafair more determined to find a killer, than an injury to one of her children.


If you missed Louise Penny's debut mystery, the book that won so many awards, now is the time to try to win an autographed copy of Still Life. It's the traditional mystery that introduces Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, and the beautiful little village of Three Pines. Escape to the rural village south of Montreal in a Canadian autumn.

Would you like to win The Drop Edge of Yonder, or Still Life? You can enter twice, once for each book. If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either Win "Drop Edge" or Win "Still Life". Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, Jan. 29 at 6 p.m. MT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

12 comments:

Jim said...

Congratulations to the lucky winners!!!

Jim

Joni said...

Thank you for having these great book giveaway contests. I really love to read and winning a book is a great bonus.

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Joni! Isn't if fun when a book shows up in the mail? Good luck!

Donis Casey said...

I so desperately wanted to see Louise when she was here, but as you know, I'm unexpectedly housebound. Louise, if you're out there, I adore your books and can't wait to read the new one. I hope our paths cross one of these days so I can tell you in person.

Lesa said...

Oh, Donis,

I'm so sorry you didn't get the chance to see Louise. I know why you weren't there. Hopefully, Barbara will get her back in October, and you'll get a chance to see her then.

You remain in my prayers.

Diana D said...

Would love to win either book. Thanks for having the wonderful giveaway.

dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com

Diana D said...

I'm interested in Still Life by Louise Penny. Thanks for having the wonderful giveaway.

dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Diana. I hope you sent your mailing address to me at lholstine@yahoo.com. Good luck!

ZESTYWONDERLAND said...

Two more great novels! Hope I emailed in time!

john ferris said...

Louise is one of the greatest writers of this century.

Lesa said...

You did enter in time, Zestywonderland. I'm sorry. You didn't win this week.

Lesa said...

John, What can I say? She happens to be one of my favorite authors as well. And, I booktalked her latest one, A Rule Against Murder, yesterday.