Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks



I'm guessing that many readers will be too busy with family, friends and food on Thanksgiving to spend much time reading blogs, so I'm going to express my thanks today. This is my thank you for my book related world. Tomorrow, I'll talk about my family and books.

Thank you to all the readers who have visited Lesa's Book Critiques close to 100,000 times (counter was reset). I appreciate your comments, suggestions, and the entries to the book giveaways.

Speaking of book giveaways, I'm grateful to Talia Sherer at Macmillan and Bobby Brinson at HarperCollins for speaking at Back to the Beach, and keeping me in the loop with the ARCs that I read, along with the ones I pass on to other librarians and readers. Talia, thanks for everything from pictures to conversations about cats. And, thanks to Valerie Russo for the books for the Hatchette Book Giveaways. I appreciate all the books from authors and publicists. I've read them, used them for contests, or stored them in my closet for future use. Thank you!

I've really enjoyed co-hosting the Authors @ The Teague series at the Velma Teague Library this year. We've been very fortunate to have visits from Leighton Gage, Louise Ure, Rhys Bowen, Betty Webb, Deborah Crombie, Shelley Mosley and Deborah Shelley, Jennifer Lee Carrell, Elizabeth Gunn, Susan Cummins Miller, J.M. Hayes, Stella Pope Duarte, Kerrie Droban, Rolling Darkness Revue, Larry Karp, Michael Bowen, Brent Ghelfi, and Jana Bommersbach. We're very grateful to The Poisoned Pen Bookstore in Scottsdale for providing some of the authors, and furnishing the books for the sales. Thank you!

And, I'm very excited about the authors we've already booked, or tentatively scheduled for 2009. I'm looking forward to hosting Judge Lynn Toler, Louise Penny, Betty Webb, Rosemary Harris, Cara Black, Vicki Delaney, Deborah Turrell Atkinson, and Laura Lippman. That's just through April! A big thank you to Bette Sharpe, Programming Librarian at Velma Teague.

I want to thank my wonderful staff at the Velma Teague Library, and all of the Glendale Library System staff for your support and encouragement. And, I'll end today with a thank you to the Glendale Library Director, Sue Komernicky, for all of her support for my activities and the Authors @ The Teague series.

Tomorrow, books and family.

6 comments:

Louise Ure said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Lesa. We have much to be grateful for this year, no?

Lesa said...

Yes, we certainly do, Louise! Thank you! And, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. Thank you, and lots of hugs.

Debby (Deborah Turrell) Atkinson said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lesa! May you be surrounded with love and grace. Can't wait to see you in the near future.
a hui hou,
Debby

Lesa said...

Thank you, Debby! My husband isn't even up yet, but this quiet morning does make me feel surrounded with love and grace, and peace. Happy Thanksgivng. I hope you have a beautiful day with your family.

Take care! Time will move quickly, and you'll be on tour again sooner than you think! I'll see you then.

Thank you!
Lesa

Cristina said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Deborah

Term Life Insurance

Lesa said...

Thank you, Deborah.