Thursday, October 16, 2008

Laura Lippman


Laura Lippman almost swept the awards at the 2008 Bouchercon convention, and WE WILL HAVE HER in 2009! The award-winning author will be appearing at the Velma Teague Library as part of the Authors @ The Teague series, on Monday, April 6 at 2 p.m. at the Velma Teague Library in Glendale, Arizona.

Lippman won the Macavity, Anthony and Barry Awards for Best Mystery Novel for her book, What the Dead Know. She also won the Anthony for Best Short Story for “Hardly Knew Her.”

The Baltimore author is best known for her mysteries featuring Tess Monaghan, newspaper reporter turned P.I. in Baltimore, Maryland. Lippman won the Edgar and Shamus awards for the second book in that series, Charm City. Lippman was a feature writer at the Baltimore Sun for ten years.

What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman. HarperCollins Publishers, ©2008. ISBN 9780061128851 (hardcover), 384p.

2 comments:

caite said...

I very much like her books, and would love to hear her speak...but Arizona is a bit too far.
Now, I could have driven to Baltimore and the 2008 Bouchercon convention...darn

Lesa said...

Oh, Caite! I'm sorry I missed the convention, and now I'm sorry you missed it, too. Sounds like it was terrific.

Yes, I understand that Arizona is a bit too far to drive. But, since Laura Lippman lives in Baltimore, you might still get the chance to hear her.