Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Girl of My Dreams

Who doesn't love a Cinderella story in which the orphaned girl is made over, goes to the ball, finds Prince Charming, and lives happily ever after? Morgan Mandel's Girl of My Dreams takes the Cinderella archetype, and brings it up-to-date, as a reality show.

Jillian Baker was quite happy with her temp job as assistant to Blake Caldwell, producer of the reality show, Girl of My Dreams. When trouble hit the show, in the form of food poisoning, she only wanted to help him out. Knowing she couldn't find a substitute contestant at the last minute, she signed the contract under her full name, Veronica Jillian Baker, and agreed to participate in the show. Twenty-five women would have the chance to meet a millionaire, who would narrow down the selections to his dream girl. Jillian just wanted to make it through the first show, get eliminated, and move on with her life, knowing she'd never get to work with Blake again. It wasn't her fault that millionaire Troy Langley seemed to like her spunk.

And Blake? He was betrayed by Jillian, his competent assistant, just as his actress mother always betrayed his father. Why didn't he notice how attractive she was until Troy Langley, and the television audience, found Jillian fascinating?

Think Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality. Jillian is all good intentions, with lots of heart, and too many mishaps. Exotic settings, interesting characters, and a reality show. Morgan Mandel's Girl of My Dreams is a search for happily-ever-after.

Morgan Mandel's website is www.morganmandel.com

Girl of My Dreams by Morgan Mandel. Hard Shell Word Factory, ©2008. ISBN 9780759947016 (paperback), 156p.

12 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

Even before you mentioned Sandra Bullock, I was thinking "movie." This sounds like a story that could get swept up by Hollywood!

Lesa said...

Definitely, with the Reality Show aspect. I could picture Sandra Bullock with all of the mishaps.

Morgan Mandel said...

Thanks for the wonderful review, Lesa. Now, if only the story would be swept up by Hollywood. Then I could quit my day job!
Something most all of us authors dream about.

Morgan Mandel
www.morganmandel.com
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Lesa said...

I know. It must be hard to have a day job, and write as well. You're holding down two jobs, and, most of the time, getting paid for one.

Good luck, Morgan!

Debra St. John said...

Congrats on the great review, Morgan!

Anita Davison said...

What a lovely review, Morgan, congratulations. I love the cover too.
Anita

Lesa said...

Thanks, Debra and Anita. I'll make sure Morgan stops back.

Marilyn said...

Great review for a terrific book.

Morgan Mandel said...

I took a little nap to fight my cold and came back to find more comments. What a pleasant surprise.

Thanks, Helen, Debra, Anita, and Marilyn. It's wonderful to get your support.

Lesa did a great job saying what Girl of My Dreams is about. For that I'm very grateful.

I'll stop by again later.

Morgan Mandel
www.morganmandel.com
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Sly said...

I haven't read your book Morgan but it sounds good so I will be getting it as soon as I can. Good luck to you

Sly
Sylvia Matthews
esmatt@gci.net

Lesa said...

Thanks for stopping by to comment, Sly!

Morgan Mandel said...

Hi Sly,
I wanted to also thank you for stopping by to read the review and expressing an interest in Girl of My Dreams.

Morgan Mandel
www.morganmandel.com