Monday, September 29, 2008

Banned Books Week, Sept. 27-Oct. 4

This week is Banned Books Week. On Friday, I'm reviewing the book that was the most banned in 2007. In the meantime, take time this week to check out some of the blogs that are talking about the right to read. There are outstanding ones out there. For instance, check out Kittling: Books for a personal viewpoint.

Or, check out this video, from the American Library Association.




Remember, everyone has the same right to read that you do.

6 comments:

Marlyn said...

Hi, Lesa.
Check out this article in today's LA Times:
http://tinyurl.com/4afhqy.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Marlyn,

I'm going there now.

Vicki Lane said...

Hey, Lesa,

The post on my blog today was about Banned Books Week.

http://vickilanemysteries.blogspot.com/2008/09/banned-books-week.html

And here's to you! Librarians are some of my favorite people! ~Vicki

Jen said...

Hi Lesa,

I posted yesterday about Banned Books Weeks (http://jensbookthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/09/banned-books-week-2008.html )

I also linked to Corey at The Drowning Machine who has a fabulous post about Banned Books Week.

Friday I'm reviewing To Kill a Mockingbird for Forgotten Books...not that it could ever be forgotten, but it's still amoung the most challenged books - Yeesh!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Vicki! I'm going to check out the post when I get home in a couple hours.

Lesa said...

I'll have to check out both posts, Jen. Thank you! And, I'll look forward to Friday's posting.