Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Award Winner

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'd like to thank my editor at The Glendale Daily Planet, Ed Sharpe. I'd like to thank Bette Sharpe, photographer, and Programming Librarian. I'd like to thank my husband, Jim Holstine, for all the support in my blogging. I'd like to thank my mother, for her support, and remember my father for all of his encouragement. Most of all, I accept this award in memory of my grandfather, Otto Smith, Farm News Editor of The Fremont-News Messenger, and the first journalist in the family.

Seriously, I would like to thank Ed Sharpe, and give him copyright credit for the photo as well. Ed has been very gracious and enthusiastic in allowing me to promote the Velma Teague Branch Library's book programs, such as Authors @ The Teague. He's also allowed me to reprint book reviews of books by Arizona authors, or featuring Arizona settings. The Glendale Daily Planet/KKAT-IPTV was a Gold Medal Winner of an AVA Award for 2007 in the category of Online and TV News Delivery. It also won Honorable Mention in the category of News Media - Creativity (News) for the 2008 Videographer Awards. Ed Sharpe, publisher, editor, and engineer for The Glendale Daily Planet was kind enough to include me in the award recognition as Book Topics Editor.

Thank you, Ed.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats, Lesa! It's so nice to be recognized!!

Liz said...

What can a mother say except congratulation and I'm very proud of all that you do. Hard work and dedication does get rewards.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Jen!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Mom. I still remember when you told Aunt Florine that your daughters weren't lucky. They worked hard. We had good examples in you and Dad.

Cathy said...

Congratulations on this well-deserved award, Lesa!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Cathy!

Joy said...

Woo Hoo! What great news! Congratulations, Lesa! :)

Maria said...

wonderful!!!!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Joy and Maria!

I appreciate the notes very much.

Les said...

Congratulations, Lesa! What an honor.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Les. I thought it was very nice of Ed to include the whole staff.