Thursday, August 28, 2008

Winners and a Chris Grabenstein contest

Congratulations to the winners in the Winning Color Contest. Steve Hockensmith's The Black Dove will go to Gary O. in Goleta, CA. And, Dead in Red by L.L. Bartlett will go to Jackie H. in Omaha, NE. The books will go out in the mail tomorrow.

Last Thursday, I had to change the ending time of the contest because I went to hear Chris Grabenstein at The Poisoned Pen. I bought this week's prizes, and had them autographed. Eventually, these could be collector's items, so you might want to win them.

Tilt-A-Whirl is the first book in the Ceepak series. It introduces John Ceepak and Danny Boyle, the Sea Haven, New Jersey cops. This book is already hard to come by, even as a paperback. And, wouldn't you like a signed copy of the paperback with its original pink cover?

Or, you could win Hell for the Holidays, a first Carroll & Graf edition of this Christopher Miller Holiday Thriller. Since Carroll & Graf are no longer in existence, it's a chance to scoop up an autographed copy of the book that takes "St. Christopher", the FBI agent, into a Thanksgiving nightmare.

So, which Chris Grabenstein book would you like to read? You can enter twice, once for each book. If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either Win "Tilt-A-Whirl" or Win "Hell". Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, September 4 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

8 comments:

Kay said...

I gave Chris Grabenstein big kudos at my mystery book group this evening. Several members had read TILT A WHIRL for our "award winning" meeting tonight. I had read all the Ceepak/Boyle books and several left promising to try his books. Yea, more fans!

Lesa said...

We're both doing our best, Kay. I thought Hell Hole was a strong book, and told people they could read it without reading any others. I hope this contest finds him a few more fans.

randio said...

Hi Lesa, Just a big thanks for introducing me to so many new authors. I love your site!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Randio! That's a nice comment to start my day with. I'll try to live up to your comments.

You're welcome.

phogle said...

I have not read any of books by this author but, I love to read. So I sure I would enjoy them

Lesa said...

I hope you enjoy them as well! Thanks for the note.

phogle said...

hope I win. I read a book in about 3 days

Lesa said...

Good luck! And, you should continue to enter my contests. You might get lucky and win one of the books. Thanks!