Thursday, July 17, 2008

Winners, and Humorous Books Contest

Congratulations to the three winners of Julia Spencer-Fleming's I Shall Not Want. On Friday, I'll be mailing ARCs to Rebecca S. from Langsville, OH, Gail H. in Urbana, IL, and Cheryl M. in Oakland, CA.

Let's add a little humor to the contest this week. Winners could win an ARC of Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not-exactly) Family Jewels. Bobbie Faye Sumrall is on the run through south Louisiana, accused of murder, with a band of psychos and thieves after her, wanting stolen diamonds. If you haven't met Toni McGee Causey's Bobbie Faye, you're missing humor with a southern twist.

Goodbye, Ms. Chips is the latest Ellie Haskell mystery by Dorothy Cannell. Isn't it traumatic enough to return to your old school? Who needs murder on top of it?

So, do you want Bobbie Faye or Ms Chips? You may enter twice, once for each book, if you'd like to take your chances on both of them. If you'd like to win one of the books,email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read Win Bobbie Faye or Ms. Chips. Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, July 24 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

8 comments:

hondaray6 said...

These look like some fun reading! Thanks for the contest! I emailed my entries.

Lesa said...

You're welcome! I think they will be fun books for the winners.

km25lis said...

I just learned about your blog and will be back often to read your reviews. I have never read either of these authors, but they sound like fun reads. Thanks for broadening my reading horizons!

Lesa said...

Thank you! What a nice comment. I hope you do return frequently. Thanks for writing.

Albert Taylor said...

Thanks for the contest. I just emailed an entry.

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Albert. Thanks for reading the blog!

Melissa said...

I just have to add my favorite humorous book. Embracing Your Big Fat Ass by Laura Banks and Janette Barber is the funniest and most empowering book I've ever read.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Melissa. I'll have to check it out.