Thursday, June 26, 2008

Winners and Jeffery Deaver book contest

Congratulations to the winners of the last contest. Southern Fatality by T. Lynn Ocean will go to Judy W. of Saint James City, FL. And, Mighty Old Bones will go to Anthony M. from Wilmington, NC. Diane D. of Edison, NJ hasn't responded to my email yet, saying she was the 50,000th visitor, so I can't announce her prize. The other books will go out in the mail tomorrow.

After attending Jeffery Deaver's program yesterday, I bought two of his Lincoln Rhyme paperbacks, and had them autographed. So, this week, I have two of his books as prizes.

In The Twelfth Card, Lincoln and his assistant, Amelia Sachs, must solve a cold case. Why is a teenager from Harlem targeted by a killer when she digs into the past of one of her ancestors? And, what is the meaning of the killer's calling card, the hanged man from a tarot deck?

In The Cold Moon, Lincoln Rhyme tangles with the Watchmaker, "a time-obsessed genius," whose calling card is a moon-faced clock that ticked away the victims' last minutes.

Two autographed Lincoln Rhyme thrillers by Jeffery Deaver. Do you want The Twelfth Card or The Cold Moon? You may enter twice, once for each book, if you'd like to take your chances on both of them. If you'd like to win one of the books,email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read Win Twelfth Card or Cold Moon. Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, July 3 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Saturday (not on Friday, July 4). Good luck!

4 comments:

Inside A Book said...

I'm anxious to win! I sent an email and will keep my fingers and toes crossed - after a week it may become a tad painful but for Jeffrey Deaver I will endure!
Keep up the great reviews!
Gaye

Lesa said...

If you're a Jeffery Deaver fan, Gaye, you probably understand pain and suspense. (grin) Good luck!

Thanks for the compliment. Keep reading the blog!

gkstratos said...

Your book selection is great.

Lesa said...

I'll be very honest, "gkstratos", and tell you that's the nicest thing you could have said to me. Thank you.