Thursday, May 08, 2008

Winners and Betty Webb contest

Congratulations to the winners of the autographed copies of Jane K. Cleland's Antiques to Die For. John M. from Sunset, UT won a copy, as did Melissa P. from Lafitte, LA. The books will go out in the mail tomorrow.

This week, I have autographed copies of two of Betty Webb's books to offer to readers. When Desert Wives first came out, it preceeded the news stories about Warren Jeffs and his polygamist sect. Now, it seems to be right out of the headlines. When private detective Lena Jones helps a thirteen-year-old girl escape from a polygamy compound on the Utah/Arizona border, she's forced to go underground as a wife, in order to find a killer.

Because it's a cold case for Lena Jones, Desert Run is one of my favorite in this series. On Christmas Eve, 1944, a group of prisoners tunneled out of a German POW camp in Arizona, and escaped. Now, over fifty years later, when a movie is being filmed, one of the former escapees is murdered. Is there a secret that someone still wants kept, all these years later?

So, Desert Wives or Desert Run? If you'd like to win either one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read Win Desert Wives or Win Desert Run. Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, May 15 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail the next morning. Good luck!

5 comments:

ydsddd said...

Thank you for the contest and the opportunity to win such nice books.

Lesa said...

You're welcome! And, good luck in the contest.

squiresj said...

Both these books look so good I would love to win them and read them and then pass them on to others. I try to get good books out to others to help Authors get known. Enjoyed the blog. Enter me to win. God Bless.

Lesa said...

Squiresj - I'd love to enter you in the contest, so you can help promote Betty Webb and her books. But, I need your mailing address. Please send me your name and address. My email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Thanks, and good luck!

Lesa said...

Squiresj - I'd love to enter you in the contest, so you can help promote Betty Webb and her books. But, I need your mailing address. Please send me your name and address. My email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Thanks, and good luck!