Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Brad Meltzer's Birthday

Today's my 51st birthday. Last year, I celebrated with my Mom, my sisters, my college roommate, and friends from work, since Jim threw a surprise 50th birthday party for me.

Today, I had warm greetings and hugs. And, I checked the newspaper to see who shared my birthday. I recognized Debbie Reynolds' name, and she's 76. Would you believe Ali MacGraw is 70? Country singer Jim Ed Brown is 74. I have no idea who any of the other people are - Gil Scott-Heron (jazz keyboardist), Annette O'Toole (actress), Bijou Phillips (actress). There are a couple other people I didn't recognize, but, then, they wouldn't recognize me either.

I do know who author Brad Meltzer is. The picture above is my husband, Jim, with Brad Meltzer. Brad is 38 today, and he posted on his MySpace page about his readers, the mushy ones. Happy birthday, Brad, from two mushy readers, one of whom shares the day with you.

14 comments:

Les said...

I hope you have a lovely birthday, Lesa!

Joy said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy, Lesa! May your 51st be as special as your 50th! :)

Anonymous said...

Lesa,

I love you & have tried to make it the best Birthday possible. For those that don't know Lesa's love of sports. Her Birthday present was tickets to see the Phoenix Suns & Timberwolves this Friday evening. Our seats our only 14 rows from the court. She is excited about seeing Shaq live.

I love you!

Jim

Lesa said...

Thank you, Les & Joy. Now you can see from Jim's note what a special person he is. Last year, for our anniversary, I received NASCAR tickets. This year, for my birthday, Suns tickets! I love it. By the time you're 51, getting the chance to do something with your husband means more than almost anything else he could do.

Thank you, Jim! I love you, too.

Lesa

Les said...

What a wonderful gift! And I agree. I love spending time with my husband. That's what best friends are for, right? :)

Have fun!

Maria said...

Happy Birthday! Your picture must be old because you don't look a day over 35!!!

Liviania said...

Happy b-day!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Les! Yes, you're right. That's what best friends are for.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Maria! The picture is three years old. Even then, I'll take not a day over 35!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Livi! It's been a very nice birthday!

Kay said...

Lesa, Happy, Happy Birthday!! 1957 was a great year (my 51st birthday is coming in September)!! What a sweetie you have to give you such a special gift! Hope you guys have a great evening. One of the highlights of my husband's life was when he and my daughter got to see the "Michael" when he played with Chicago and we lived in Portland, Oregon. Seeing a sports hero is such a fun thing! Again, Happy Birthday and many happy returns!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Kay! Yes, 1957 was a fantastic year, wasn't it? That's fantastic that your husband saw Michael play. I always regretted that my father died before Michael Jordan played basketball because my Dad would have loved to have seen him play.

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I'm looking forward to Friday night.

windycindy said...

Enjoy your special day! I hope you have many more happy and healthy birthdays.....Cindi

Lesa said...

Thank you, Cindi. The healthy part is very important to the happiness, isn't it?