Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Shanghai Connection Contest and Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the last contest. Leslie R. from Victory Mills, NY won the autographed copy of Cara Black's Murder in the Rue de Paradis. Joy Kinley from Southfield, MI won the autographed copy of Libby Fischer Hellman's Easy Innocence. The books will go out in the mail tomorrow.

For this week's contest, I'm offering two books with a Shanghai connection. Sharan Newman autographed a copy of The Shanghai Tunnel, her new mystery. It's the story of Emily Stratton, a woman who grew up in China, the daughter of missionaries. After her parents are murdered, she married a wealthy entrepreneur from Portland, Oregon. She doesn't realize that marriage, and her husband's subsequent death, will throw her a search for the secrets of his seedy past. The Shangai Tunnel is the first in Newman's series featuring Portland's Emily Stratton.

Or, you could win an ARC of Red Mandarin Dress, Qiu Xiaolong's mystery featuring
Chief Inspector Chen Cao of the Shanghai Police Department, who has to deal with Shanghai's first sexual serial killer.

Do you want an autographed copy of The Shanghai Tunnel or the ARC of Red Mandarin Dress? If you'd like to enter for both books, please send two emails. Email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read Win Snanghai Tunnel or Red Mandarin Dress. Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, March 27 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail the next morning. Good luck!

13 comments:

Joy said...

HOORAY! I won! Thank you, Lesa & Jim! I am very, very excited and really look forward to reading Easy Innocence. :)

I have Qiu Xiaolong's Death of a Red Heroine as an upcoming read. Have you read that one?

Lesa said...

Is that your X author? No, I haven't read Death of a Red Heroine. Let me know if you liked it!

Joy said...

Yes, it's for my "X" Author. I have a stack of books waiting to be read and now Easy Innocence, so it will be a while before I can get to it.

Lesa said...

At least we have nine more months. (grin)

windycindy said...

Happy Easter! Both of the Shanghai connections books sound quite intriguing. Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Lesa said...

Happy Easter to you, too, Cindi!

Thank you. Consider yourself entered in the contests.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter

Booklogged said...

Both books sound really good. Thanks for provided such a fun drawing. I've come by way of Joy's blog. I will be visiting again and again, I can tell. I need to read all your reviews.

angelaandconnor at gmail.com said...

Id really love to have a copy!!


I added you on prizeatron too!
http://www.prizeatron.com

Lesa said...

Thanks for adding me to prizeatron!

And, consider yourself entered for the contest. Although the best way to enter is to send me your name and address at lholstine@yahoo.com.

Lesa said...

Booklogged, I just wanted to thank you for coming over from Joy's blog. I hope you stick around and read a number of the reviews. Now, I know you're worried about drowning in books. What a way to go!

Anonymous - I hope you had a Happy Easter. I didn't have much computer access yesterday, so I never had a chance to read your note. Thank you!

Kucki68 said...

I liked Sharan's mysteries and am glad to learn about this new one. Pity I am located in Germany...

Lesa said...

I'm sorry I can't enter you in the contest since you're out of the U.S. But, thank you for reading my blog in Germany!