Thursday, March 13, 2008

Contest for Autographed Books - Hellmann & Black

When I announced last week's contest, for two copies of Charles Finch's A Beautiful Blue Death, I forgot I wouldn't be home on Thursday night. I'll have Jim pick the winners on Friday morning, and I'll announce them at that time, and mail them then.

However, I don't want to keep you in suspense as to this week's contest. I'm offering two books this week from authors I met this week. Cara Black, Libby Fischer Hellmann and Sharan Newman all gave me autographed copies to offer as prizes. This week, I'll offer the first two. Sharan's will be offered next week, along with another book.

Easy Innocense is a dark story by Libby Fischer Hellmann. Private investigator Georgia Davis uncovers a case in the wealthy Chicago suburbs. What do teenage girls do to make enough money to be part of the in crowd? It might be worse than you think.

Cara Black's latest Aimée Leduc mystery is Murder in the Rue de Paradis. When her
lover is murdered, Aimée searches for answers in Paris' Little Istanbul district. She's soon embroiled in trouble right out of today's political turmoil.

So, do you want to win an autographed copy of Cara Black's Murder in the Rue de Paradis or Libby Fischer Hellmann's Easy Innocence? If you'd like to enter for both books, please send two emails. Email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read Win Rue de Paradis or Win Easy Innocence. Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, March 20 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail the next morning. Good luck!

8 comments:

Patricia said...

I've read Easy Innocence and would highly recommend the book. I am sure your winner will enjoy this book. Easy Innocence gives the reader a lot to think about long after you finish the book.

Lesa said...

Thank you for the endorsement, Patricia. I think people will want to read it, even if they don't win the contest.

Cara Black said...

Libby and I were thrilled that Lesa offered to put our books in her contest. And we only wish we could have spent more time talking with you, Lesa. Easy Innocence is thought provoking and I agree, will stay with you long after you've read it.

Happy reading,
Cara

Lesa said...

Thank you, Cara. And, I spoke to someone last night who saw you at The Poisoned Pen. She's getting ready to leave for Paris, and she's reading your books. She enjoyed hearing you speak as much as I did.

Thank you, again, Cara. I'm sure I'll see you again.

angelaandconnor at gmail.com said...

I'd love to have a copy! :)

I added you on prizeatron too
http://www.prizeatron.com

Lesa said...

Thank you, Angela! And, good luck.

Erica G said...

I'd like Cara Black's Murder in the Rue de Paradis.

egreca [at] hotmail [dot] com

Lesa said...

Erica -

Please send me your name and address at holstine@yahoo.com, and I'll add you to the contest.

Thanks, and good luck!