Monday, December 31, 2007

A Toast to 2007!

Here's to 2007, a good year. Thank you to all of the authors who sent books for review and book contests, and all of the authors who wrote the books I enjoyed. My biggest regret of 2007? I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to read every book that I was sent. I'm sorry.

Here's to all of the authors I had a chance to meet - Ann Brashares, Brenda Rickman Vantrease, Alafair Burke, Deborah Atkinson, Zoё Sharp, Margaret Coel, Bud Krogh, Donis Casey, Troy Cook, Mark Coggins, and Tim Maleeny. To Lee Child and Mary Anna Evans. It was good to see you again. Thank you to Brenda, Zoё, and Donis for appearing at the library. I wish all of you continued good luck with your books.

Here's to the readers of this blog. Thank you for reading it, commenting on the entries, and entering the contests. There will be more contests in 2008, and more books given away.

This was the year I turned 50. Thank you, Jim, for arranging a wonderful birthday, and keeping the surprise.

Here's a salute to my Mom, my sisters, Linda and Christie, and my college roommate, Jamie. They all flew in for my birthday party as a surprise. It was a wonderful birthday weekend. Thank you!

On another personal note, Linda's son, Thomas graduated from Indiana in 2007, and starts his new life as a police officer in Bloomington in 2008. Congratulations, Thomas, and good luck!

I enjoyed 2007, with family, friends, good books, authors and readers. My new year's resolution for 2008? I read 164 books in 2007. I'd like to read 165 in 2008. Here's to 2007, and welcome to 2008!

8 comments:

Kay said...

Happy new year to you as well, Lesa! Thanks for sharing your reading and thoughts with all of us.

P. S. I turned 50 this year too!

Tim Maleeny said...

Happy New Year, Lesa. Looking forward to crossing paths again in 2008.

Lesa said...

Ah, 1957 was a very good year, wasn't it, Kay? And, I think life's only going to get better after 50!

Happy New Year!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Tim. I hope I do get a chance to see you again in 2008. Happy New Year, and good luck in the new year!

Elizabeth said...

aunt lesa you said you are going to read 165 books this year i am going to read 166

your neice
elizabeth

Lesa said...

Good luck, Elizabeth! That's a lot of reading with all of your schoolwork and activities.

No matter how many you end up with, I hope you have a good year of reading, and enjoy the books!

Love,
Aunt Lesa

Marta Stephens said...

Best wishes for a Happy New Year Lesa and thanks so much for popping over to my blog and Lonnie Cruse's interview.

I didn't recognize you without your red hat my dear. Now I recognize you!! :)

Lesa said...

Thank you, Marta! Very interesting interview.

Didn't recognize me without the red hat. (grin) When I chaired the Authors Programming for the Lee County Reading Festival, I always wore a hat so the authors could find me. Guess it should be red!