Saturday, December 01, 2007

Note from Chris Grabenstein




Chris Grabenstein sent a note since I'm giving away Hell for the Holidays in this week's contest. After reading it, you'll want to win even more!

Dear Readers:


How come when everybody else looks at Thanksgiving they see turkey and pumpkin pie while I see the potential for a catastrophic terrorist attack?

Guess that’s why I’m a thriller writer.

Once a year, I change hats – take off the mystery one, put on the thriller. Yes, all my John Ceepak Jersey Shore mysteries are page-turners but with the Christopher Miller Holiday Thrillers, you’ll be flipping pages so fast, you might get a paper cut.

What’s the difference between a mystery and a thriller? I think of mysteries as “whodunit?” puzzles. Thrillers are more “how do we stop the bad guys from doing it again?” And thrillers move at a breakneck speed guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat.

My brand new thriller is called HELL FOR THE HOLIDAYS. It’s not about my in-laws making an extended trip to New York. Or a visit to the Toys R Us in Times Square on Christmas Eve.

It’s about a big “What If” namely: What if America's most lethal terrorist threat came from a jihad of home-grown American extremists instead of Muslims?

In the explosive sequel to Slay Ride, FBI legend Christopher Miller returns for a page-turning countdown to a Thanksgiving Day attack in New York City. 



A White Supremacist hate group has smuggled in a stinger missile and recruited an army marksman—a nightmare vision of a new and more talented Timothy McVeigh. 



Here’s what some critics have had to say about the story:

"Entertaining as hell. This book will take your mind off the leftovers and erase any thoughts of napping." -- Jon Jordan, Crimespree Magazine

"Grabenstein's gripping second holiday thriller [has] a spectacular finish. This rapid-fire entertainment is sure to please Grabenstein's fans." -- Publisher's Weekly

I’m happy to hear that Lesa is giving away a couple copies. She runs a great blog and incredible contests.

So, Helly Holidays, everybody! I hope you enjoy the read.


Chris Grabenstein
www.ChrisGrabenstein.com

Hell for the Holidays by Chris Grabenstein. Carroll & Graf, ©2007, ISBN 978-0786720613 (paperback), 400p.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I'm looking forward to getting to my copy of this book. Maybe before the holidays, but probably after. I can't wait!!!

Lesa said...

I hear you, Kay. My reading slows down during December. Hell for the Holidays will be worth the wait!