Monday, October 01, 2007

October 1, 1983



Where were you 24 years ago, on October 1, 1983? I was at the Huron Public Library, in Huron, Ohio, where I was Library Director. Jim and I were married at 5 pm in the library meeting room, by our friend, Reverend Dick Gingher. We had met at the public library, so Jim suggested we might want to get married there. My parents, and Jim's parents attended. Jim even played the piano before the wedding. When we went out to the car afterwards, my staff had tied paperback books to the bumper of the car. We all went to dinner at a restaurant that's no longer in Sandusky, Fannie Baer's. And, a week later, we left on our honeymoon, to Cooperstown, New York, so we could see the Baseball Hall of Fame. We actually enjoyed fall in New York, and Cooperstown itself, but we went to see the Baseball Hall of Fame. And, in our lives, it has been books and sports ever since.

Happy 24th Anniversary, Jim.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Happy 24th Anniversary, Jim and Lesa! :)

Lesa said...

Thank you, Joy! It's been a great one.

Kay said...

Happy anniversary to both of you, Lesa! What a special wedding you had. My hubby and I had our 27th anniversary in August. Thanks for sharing with us!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Kay! And, I hope you and your husband had as nice of an anniversary as we did. And, when I said books and sports ever since? Jim gave me NASCAR tickets for our anniversary!