Saturday, October 20, 2007

Iorn Ties - Colorado Book Award Winner

Congratulations to Ann Parker, whose mystery, Iron Ties, just won the Colorado Book Award for Popular Fiction.

The first book in Parker's Iron Rush series, Silver Lies, introduced Inez Stannert, a saloon keeper in Leadville, Colorado in the 1870s and 1880s. Silver Lies went on to win a Willa Award for Historical Fiction and the Colorado Gold Award.

Anyone looking for historical mysteries that bring American history to life should try Parker's Iron Rush series.

Ann Parker's website is www.annparker.net

8 comments:

anne said...

I have been reading about Leadville for years and was enthralled with this area. This summer we went there for a long weekend and this town captures the scope of the novel and is indescribable. Intriguing and fascinating.

Lesa said...

Anne,

I've never been to Leadville, but I've read about it after reading Parker's books. I'm envious that you've been there. It does sound fascinating.

Maria said...

I wonder if these have made it to audio. They sound like something my dad would really enjoy. :>)

(He has an eye condition and can't read much anymore, so I'm always on the lookout for westerns in audio.)

Lesa said...

Unfortunately, Maria, I don't think so. I checked Ann's website, and they are available in Large Type paperback, but I didn't see anything about audio. I'm sorry because I think your father would have enjoyed them.

anne said...

BTW, When we were visiting Leadville this summer we were there on a Sunday afternoon, to attend a performance at the Old Opera House which was wonderful. The photo of Ann on those steps captures the essence of the era and I was at that exact spot.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Anne! Trying to make me even more jealous? (smile)

pearl said...

I enjoyed this entire story about Leadville. thanks for featuring it. I do not think that this locale will ever be ruined at all. Loved the cover of Silver Lies. Must read this engrossing story.

Lesa said...

Oh, Pearl! If you enjoyed Anne's comments about Leadville, you do need to read the book. Enjoy!