Saturday, October 13, 2007

Eric Stone at The Poisoned Pen

I'm going to miss Eric Stone's appearance at The Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale on Monday night, Oct. 15th at 7 pm because I have to go to a meeting. He's appearing there to publicize his latest book, Grave Imports. Grave Imports is the sequel to The Living Room of the Dead. Stone's hero is American expatriate journalist Ray Sharp, who is based in the Far East. Grave Imports deals with the illegal trade in stolen Cambodian art.

I met Eric Stone two years ago when he appeared at The Poisoned Pen Central in Phoenix, which has now closed. He was there to talk about The Living Room of the Dead. However, I went to hear him talk about his baseball book, Wrong Side of the Wall. It's subtitled, "The Story of Blackie Schwamb, the Greatest Ballplayer in Prison History." As baseball lovers, Jim & I both found it fascinating. Stone's stories about interviewing Schwamb were equally fascinating.

Eric Stone was giving away two tickets to the Diamondbacks baseball game and a chance to accompany him to the game. I was lucky enough to win the tickets, and took a co-worker since Jim couldn't go. Eric is a terrific companion at a baseball game, so grab the chance to go with him, if he offers tickets. And, great seats as well.

Thanks again, Eric, and good luck with Grave Imports. Wish I could be there.

Eric Stone's website is www.ericstone.com

Grave Imports by Eric Stone. Big Earth Publishing, ©2007, ISBN 9781932557446 (hardcover), 328p.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Hey Lesa,
Thanks for the kind words. I'd love to go to another ballgame, unfortunately the D-Backs are in Colorado Monday night. If people come to see me and they've got earpieces in to listen to the game during my event, I'll understand. I'm sorry you won't be there, though.
Best,
Eric

Lesa said...

Well, I have the feeling the D-Backs won't do very good Monday night. So, you probably won't have to worry about your audience.

Sorry I won't be there, Eric. Good luck with the book, and the rest of your tour!