Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Book Buddies

Last night, I spent an hour and a half on the phone with my friend, Ann. We talked about her son and my husband, my job and her schooling, but mostly we talked about books. Ann was my Children's Librarian at one time, and now she's gone back to school to get her PhD and teach children's librarians. We always loved to talk about the books we were excited about.

We talked about Harry Potter, naturally, for over a half an hour. And, she loves Stephenie Meyer's books, and my library was the first library Meyer ever appeared at when Twilight first came out. I love Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson & The Olympians series. Rick Riordan appears often in Austin, where Ann lives now. And, I told her she has to read Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer's new book Agnes and the Hitman.

Ann's one of my best friends, but she's also a book buddy, someone I can call up and we naturally talk about books. I talk books with my sisters and my Mom whenever we call. And, my husband, Jim. We have a longstanding joke, that we only got married to read. Those are special people to me, people I share books with.

Do you have book buddies in your life?

2 comments:

Joy said...

Yes I do! And for those friends that are not "book" buddies, I try to guide them in that direction. :)

Lesa said...

I love that, Joy! I was even talking books on the phone this morning with the 76 year old minister who married us. I'll talk books with any willing person!