Thursday, July 26, 2007

Winners and last July Contest

Congratulations to the winners of the Something Other than Harry Potter Contests. Carol B. from Lake Junaluska, NC won the ARC of Deadly Advice by Roberta Isleib. The autographed copy of The Dark End of Town by Julia Pomeroy will be going to Penny T. in Klamath Falls, OR. The books will be going out in the mail tomorrow.

As promised, when I went to see Alafair Burke last Saturday, I bought a paperback copy of Judgment Calls and had it autographed. Judgment Calls was Burke's first book, introducing Deputy DA Samantha Kincaid. Along with the book, I'll send one of the cute notepads Alafair gave out, promoting her latest book, Dead Connection.

You could also try to win an ARC of Cordelia Frances Biddle's historical mystery,
The Conjurer. This crime novel introduces Martha Beale in a story that takes place in Philadelphia in 1842.

So, Judgment Calls or The Conjurer?

If you'd like to win any of these books, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read Win...whichever title you want. Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end at 6 pm Pacific Time next Thursday, August 2nd. Jim will draw the winners, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

2 comments:

Joy said...

I picked up Alafair Burke's DEAD CONNECTION on CD today. I think it's a stand alone. I'm going to give her a try. :)

Lesa said...

Let me know what you think, Joy. I know a lot depends on the person reading it on the CD.