Friday, June 08, 2007

Winners and New Contests

Congratulations to the winners of the last contest. Gina M. from Sierra Madre, CA won Cathy Pickens' Hog Wild. Penny T. of Klamath Falls, OR is the winner of Head Games by Thomas B. Cavanagh. The books will be going out in the mail tomorrow.

I'm offering two books this week, a little different from the usual ones. The first is Andrea Kane's romantic suspense novel, Dark Room. It's a hardcover book, featuring an interesting heroine. (She's not TSTL - too stupid to live.)

There's a little Civil War history, a little suspense, a little romance, a great deal of humor, and a wonderful hero in Brad Smith's Busted Flush.

So, do you want to try to win Andrea Kane's Dark Room, Busted Flush by Brad Smith, or both? If you'd like to win one of these two books, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read Win...whichever title you want. Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end at 6 pm Pacific Time next Friday, June 15th. Jim will draw the winners, and the books will go out in the mail on Saturday. Good luck!

5 comments:

Bob said...

Okay, I am both a poker player and a John D. McDonnald fan. What is the connection in the book or what inspired the title Busted Flush?

Liz
reviewedbyliz

Anonymous said...

I loved Busted Flush and tried to find more books by the author but didn't have a lot of luck nor was I able to find much info about the author.

Patricia said...

Didn't really mena to be anonymous but I really did like Busted Flush - whoever wins it will be lucky in my opinion.

Pat Reid

Lesa said...

Bob, I don't think the title has anything to do with John D. McDonald.

Here's the definition of "Busted Flush" - Something that had great potential, but didn't live up to it.

It's only my interpretation, but I think that's how the hero viewed himself and his life.

Lesa said...

Pat,

I couldn't find anything either. I do think the winner is in for a treat.