Friday, June 29, 2007

August Bestsellers?

I usually give you a heads up as to prospective bestsellers a month out so you have time to order them from your favorite bookstore or library. To be honest, August looks a little boring this year. Once you get past Faye Kellerman's new Decker/Lazarus novel, The Burnt House, and Play Dirty by Sandra Brown, there isn't much that I expect to see on the bestseller lists.

So, do yourself a favor. One of my favorite authors has a new book coming out in August. I can't recommend him in my Treasures from My Closet post because I don't have an ARC. Jonathon King's fifth Max Freeman mystery, Acts of Nature, is due then.

If you haven't read any of the previous books, start with his first, the award-winning The Blue Edge of Midnight. No one captures the atmosphere of Florida the way Jonathon King does. He writes descriptive, intriguing mysteries. You might have time to get through the first four books before Acts of Nature is released.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lisa R said...

Hi Lisa,

I'll have to try this author. Gee, thanks, just what I need is another new author to read, lol. But seriously, I don't care how my TBR pile is, I still look for more good books everyday. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Lesa said...

No problem, Lisa! And, I'll be posting Treasures from My Closet today, so you might even find something else new! (grin)

Jonathon King isn't everyone's cup of tea. But he sucked me right in. And, The Blue Edge of Midnight did win the Edgar for Best First Novel, so someone else thought it was wonderful, too!